Removing A/C Condenser

SuperSprynt

It doesnt work, its dead weight and a leach on the engine. Does anybody have experience with taking it out, the best way to drain it or check that its even full? Thanks.

BraveUlysses

I just loosened one of the lines that lead to it and ran like hell after it began spraying. After that, I hosed the stuff off and removed all the mounting stuff for it before pulling it out. Pretty easy job.

Mafix

my method was a cutting tool AKA sawzaw and un bolt the brackets. you may need to remove the radiator to do this though. the happy demo work on the compressor and lines. lose about 60 pounds in the end i believe.

furpo

i did mine. it did not have gas in it cos it had not been regased since the engine rebuild. i recommend that you go get the gas pumped out of it because it is not good for you or the environment. down here in new zealand it will be done for free. it's nice having a govonment that cares :)

i did not have to cut anything to get all the air con unit out. all joints in the pipes have to be undone however. if you want i have some photos of what i did with the belt to get rid of the air con pump. the belt to use is off a 4age and the bracket for the alltenator is off a 3sfe.

the part under the dash was not too hard to get out either. it was just a matter of pulling the glove box off and undoing the 6 nuts to get the unit out. the split the plastic duct in half by undoing it. simple, and no saw needed.

there are alot of bracket that can be pulled off at the same time so have a look around.

roger

killer_siller

i smell the makings of a full color-picture write up.

would you be willing to do it (my ac isn't working either, and i absolutely hate it)

alltracman78

Before you all start cutting up your lines, ect, someone may be willing to buy them off you. That stuff is expensive from the dealer, and can break easily.

furpo

killer_siller":3bj9awif said:
i smell the makings of a full color-picture write up.

would you be willing to do it (my ac isn't working either, and i absolutely hate it)

the only pictures i have are of how i did the alt belt now that tha air con pump is now not there. ill do a write up of this if people are interested.

as for removing the air con pipes ect. all the toyota manuals i know of cover this.

roger