blown engine replacement

illGT4

furpo":pz0usje3 said:
nice :D

whould you call your car reliable at this power figure?

is that your car on www.rallygt4.com ?

It's not my car at that power figure. My car currently has a spun rod bearing and awaiting rebuild. :(

Yes that is my car on rallygt4.com! :) It's my domain.

Well.. after further review.. how about 400rwhp..

http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=56002

(for those not registered.. i'll paste it here)

===========
400rwhp at 19psi on pump gas done the RIGHT way
I just finished the pump gas tune on MR2 2NER's 91 turbo. He took his time, researched his project, saved his money, and did excellent mechanical work. I did the tuning, 95% on the STREET, and 1.5hrs on the dyno.

Specs are as follows:

-all stock unopened block
-272 intake, 264 exhaust cams (degreed)
-Precision SC61 Turbo: .63 exhaust housing with 76 trim turbine wheel
-modified SFP Tubular exhaust manifold
-HKS 40mm wastegate
-ST205 Air to water intercooler
-Ross Intake Manifold
-70mm BBK Mustang TB
-Hydra Nemesis
-85lb injectors
-Hux fuel rail
-Spec Stage 5 sintered iron disk clutch (cross your fingers) and fidanza flywheel
-Motor mount inserts

=========

follow the link above for pics of dyno plots and engine bay

Best Regards!

furpo

well done to the mr2 guy. so those are the only mods? nothing was done to the head appart from cams?

roger

illGT4

The modifications listed were the only ones done.

The Ross manifold and BBK tb would really help matters.

Not to mention that turbo the SC61 paired with 85lb. injector would provide plenty of excitement.

The tuning is hands down, the best you can ask for. I would consider this (minus say 30hp and no ice in the WTA IC) perfectly fine for a daily driver. The torque curve is nice and flat, and the hp climbs all the way to red line.

Enough good work for me to contract any tuner like Bryan Moore to do an EMS and tune on my car when I am ready. Plus I don't need nearly that amount of power. But for now, my plans (if you care) are to rework the CT26 and tune the Blitz ECU for 300 awhp. Reliability and torque being more important than max power.

furpo

300 wheel hp is about what i am after as well. im not after an all out car and plus over here when you start running 11's you have to have a cage.

ill keep an eye on wha you are up to.

roger