Brake Pads People Like?

CodingParadox

What brake pads do you guys like? I plan to have this be a daily driver, though I'm an aggressive daily driver, but also good enough for track days and autocross and rallycross.

My options seem to be:
* Porterfield R4S, 85$ (935motorsports)
* PBR Metal Master, 70-ish$ (stopshopanddrive, though they're out of stock there)

Any other suggestions? Any word from people on how these are?

___Scott___

Same question. I kill regular pads pretty quick and I'm looking at either the R4-S from 935motorsports or the KVRs from CyberAuto. I've heard great things about the R4-S pads, but are they worth the extra $20 over the KVRs.

If anyone has experience with either or both, please speak up.

Thanks,

CMS-GT4

The Porterfields are good brakes. I liked them. Much better over stock.

The worst pads are aussie axis pads. They were worse then stock.

My fav. was TRD pads. Too bad they do not make them anymore.
The trd ones liked to eat rotors as well.

AWDios

Anyone have any feed back on the metal masters? I have a good hook up on those. How do they compare to the porterfield?

CMS-GT4

Metal Masters are made by Axxis.

As I said before, they suck.

Even when cycles like race breaks they never grab. They are hoorible, and worse then stock toyota pads. Stay away from them!!!!

That is why you can get a pair for 45usd.

Ports are about the best offered for our cars at this time, though I have heard good stuff about Green Stuff pads.

silence

I have the porterfield pads all the way around, and I love them. The initial bite is nice. The car stops much quicker. they have no fade, that I have run into yet. They are a definite improvement over stock!

furpo

i use the mintex pads on my race mini. i have had the steel disk on fire and the pads still work. i have not used them on the gt4 yet cos i still have the trd ones it came with. they are hillclimb pads so they work from cold. they do eat disks though. i get a set of disks to a set of pads and they are not cheap. mintex supply the material in sheets so it needs to be stuck on backing plates.

roger

CodingParadox

Well, with the pads I have right now, I get brake fade after about 1 minute of hard driving, and the brakes will smell from inside the car after about 2 minutes of hard driving, so whatever I get is going to be an improvement, I suspect. :)

RIalltrac

I tried to get the green stuff pads at one point, but they dont make them for the rear. Well thats what tirerack told me. I ended up with the axxis metalmasters, I'm not sold on them. With my slotted rotors I should definately be stopping a little better than I am. I would bite the bullet and get the rs-4 pads, thats what I'm doing when these bite the dust.....speaking of dust these axxis pads dust up like you wouldnt believe, just in case that matters to you.

DipStick

I have been running R4-S pads all around and Cryo Treated slotted front rotors, all of which I ordered through SpeedToys. I have had them for a little over 6 months now. They are great for daily driving and feel awesome once you get some heat in them. When cold they seem to feel like stock. I have abused them a few times now while doing some "Spirited" mountain driving and they are surely the best bang for the buck. I will definitely buy again.

allblackalltrac

I have KVR cross drilled rotors and pads up front...the pads are ok for daily driving I've tried to lock them up at speed and cant seem to be able to (non-abs)...
I have the GreenStuff on the front of my Corrado and I am sold on them...I cant lock them up at speed (abs) but they do chirp the tires before the abs kicks in...the rotors are stock non vented or drilled...mined you though they are 11"
That being said, GreenStuff is the next set of pads going on the Celica.

Mad1

RIalltrac":2h2px9ak said:
I tried to get the green stuff pads at one point, but they dont make them for the rear. Well thats what tirerack told me. I ended up with the axxis metalmasters, I'm not sold on them. With my slotted rotors I should definately be stopping a little better than I am. I would bite the bullet and get the rs-4 pads, thats what I'm doing when these bite the dust.....speaking of dust these axxis pads dust up like you wouldnt believe, just in case that matters to you.

Do you meen EBC Green stuff?? I have them for the rear but I have been told the greenstuff for the front are no better than stock and that came direct from the manufacturer and even the importer, for the fronts its better with red stuff but they are not cheap $200 :cry: