Some problems with my all trac

Gurr

When I step on the gas my engine climbs in revs but my speed doesn't increase then I let go and it drops to the rpms it's to where it is suppose to.

Another question: I have a clunking sound when I take turns to sharp/fast. Any suggestions?( I need an alignment, that could be the problem)

AWDios

First problem sounds like clutch going out.

Second problem, is it multiple clunks or just one? One clunk could be as simple as your spare isn't tightend down enough in the trunk.

Gurr

Thanks, and it's just one loud clunk but I don't have a spare. It seems to be coming from the suspension. The guy i bought it off of said that I needed a bushing in the rear, but the seem to look alright. I look from anything that could be in the trunk that could be knockin' around.

the clutch seems to catch nice though, as I launched it at 4 grand the other day.

Thanks!! :D

illGT4

Your clutch is on the way out. I wouldn't do any more launches with it.

These are expensive cars to beat on. Make sure everything is in working order or you may end up replacing more than what is wrong on the surface.

Good Luck

(edit .. i noticed you said the clunking noise is in the rear. Get the car up on a lift and check for wear/play in the bushings. Or possibly even the rear diff. mount.)

Gurr

I'll do that. Thanks for your advice. As of right now, I'm not driving the all trac... tryin' to get everything in decent order before I go onto the roads with it.

Stubble

Definitely clutch. Start searching on this board for recommended clutches - ACT, Clutchmasters, Spec...and start saving your ducats.