Battery size

MaskedMan

Hey i have a 91 st185 and it came with the battery relocated in the back. I was having problems with this and decided to move it back to the front. I have the stock battery tie down, but the battery is too tall, and cannot bolt the tie down in. Can anyone tell me what kind of battery is the stock size?

boogiedown5150

MaskedMan":1xt3gst3 said:
Hey i have a 91 st185 and it came with the battery relocated in the back. I was having problems with this and decided to move it back to the front. I have the stock battery tie down, but the battery is too tall, and cannot bolt the tie down in. Can anyone tell me what kind of battery is the stock size?

Hey bro its been a while...so other than your battery problem how is the car doing? Get her running good yet?

dkenned1

Just in case this helps anyone else.

The 35 group size is smaller, which you may or may not want but it causes a lot of play in the battery tie down.

I measured the battery tray and its for a 24F no matter what Toyota's repair manual says this is the right factory size.

And yes its a pretty tight squeeze in there but it fits the mount and the tray perfectly, everything is now secure and where it should be