Which NGK?

Felix

I'm going to replace the plugs w/ NGK's. I was gonna go ahead and use BKR7E's...but someone posted that unless you are going over stock boost, you should stick with the stock NGK BKR6E. Are there any problems with using the 7's on a stock AT?. Just wondering.

Gary-you'll probably post on here, so thanks for all your help!

Gary

Putting a colder plug in an engine which doesn't require a colder grade sometimes causes difficult cold starting and poor running at low rpm.

If you want to keep the stock boost, BKR6E should do the job.

turbo4wd

I've personally experienced this extended crank that Gary refers to.. It happens a lot when the engine is cold, but seems to get better once youve run the car..

Like Gary mentioned, if you're running stock or close to stock boost levels, I wouldnt worry about the stock plugs/heat range.. They'll work just fine..

jspeccelica

What about the differences between the NGK Copper Spark Plugs BKR7E, and the NGK Iridium Spark Plugs BCPR7EIX , I know the copper plugs are only 2 bucks a pop and the iridium is 40 bucks a pop, but as far as cooling goes are they the same? and what are there lifespans? is it worth the extra 38 dollars so you don't have to change them every 3000 miles?

Gary

Copper conducts electricity better than Iridium.
Iridium sure last longer.
However, changing the plugs every oil change is not a bad idea.
At least you can early detect if anything's gone bad.
You car will have fresh plugs every 2500-3000 miles. :wink: