Alternator help

A

Anonymous

Hello 2 everyone...

How hard or easy is it to switch the alternator for st185? anything extra i should remove in order to take out the alternator? the old one went out on me last week. Thanks for your help in advance...

-Vince

Qlynxer

Changing the alternator isnt too difficult. First thing is you have to loosen the belt so you can slide it of the alternator. In order to loosen the belt, there' a bolt that's connected to one of the tensioner (sp?) pulley, you have to turn the bolt CLOCKWISE and the belt will begin to loosen. Sounds confusing but you'll see what i mean when you do it. Once that's done you just disconnect all the electrical stuff and unbolt the bolt going over the top of the alternator. Then you'll be ready to to swap it out.
Good luck!
Quan L

mototebok

Loosen the bolt on the tensioner pulley first, then turn the tensioner bolt clockwise to get the tensioner to pull away from the belt.

It's not hard at all. unbolt the ground and unplug the regulator output from the alternator.

Should you desire to take the cooling duct off, it's just 3 10mm nuts and it slides off.