Rx7 Turbo 2 AFM same as 3sgte?

shiz

Hi guys, im just visiting from the mr2 forums, and i have a question, as it seems none of the mr2 guys seem to know what im talking about.
While reading through the archives, a fellow board member claimed that he's running an rx7 turbo 2 afm on 3sgte. Can anybody confirm weather this is indeed true? Looking at pictures of the rx7 unit, it looks identical to the toyota afm, with the exception of the pt# sticker. :shrug:

any info would be great.
thanks

shiz

well, the old board is gone isnt it? or am i not up to date on recent developments?

My fear about this is that the thing isnt calibrated the same as the 3s unit.
I however spoke tonite with an RX7 buddy and took a peek at his turbo 2 AFM. They are both made by DENSO and both numbers are *almost* identical.
RX7 T II ->197100-3460
3sgte----->197100-3760

Anybody know denso number descriptions and what they mean :doh:

shiz

holy crap, im REALLY SORRY. i keep getting an error debug something or other command. I figured the posts just did not go through, kept hitting refresh. Can somebody delete them ...sorry...really sorry :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

shiz

Ran into problems sending Mail. Response: 502 unimplemented (#5.5.1)

DEBUG MODE

Line : 125
File : /data/htdocs/vhost/alltrac.net/html/phpBB2/includes/smtp.php

the reason why...sorry again.

Gary

Once you click submit and see that message, don't refresh it. Just close the window OR click back 2 times on your browser to go back to see the message you posted.

shiz

awesome thanks a bunch :)

now...anybody got any clue about those part numbers? Sometimes manufacturer serial #s have different meanings (much like a VIN number's different digits mean different things). Could the different digit signify simply an aesthetic difference?

shiz

furpo":2z69vgh4 said:
it is probably a long shot but have you tryed getting hold of denso?

roger

yessir i have (forgot to post about this), and aside from the usuall "we cant tell you anything due to patent enfringement" they did manage to slip in this:
"Only thing that we can advise you is that P/N 197100-3760 and 197100-3460
are not identical and they can not be alternative.
The difference between these two parts is electrical features"

thats from Denso Japan. So im imagining that means they operate differently, which pretty much puts a lid on this whole deal :cry:

furpo

if the only difference is electrics then i can not see any advantage i using it. the physical size is the same so the flow limit will be the same.

roger