My cheap DIY Catch Can

DipStick

I was noticing a lot of oil in my intake, so I decided to install a catch can for smiles. I have yet to find a decent scrapyard in the area to dig up a power steering reservior, so I took a trip to Lowes instead. This is what I came up with. Its no where near spectacular, and I will be changing a thing or two later, but its a quick cheap solution that seems to work pretty well. Ignore the Vinyl tubing, it was a two day temporary thing, and I'm now using standard coolant / fuel hose :wink: I will let the pictures speak for themselves, but if there are any questions, feel free to post or PM.
100_0633.jpg

100_0634.jpg

100_0635.jpg

100_0637.jpg

100_0640.jpg

100_0642.jpg

There are a few more pics at http://larson.is-a-geek.com/picgal/CatchCan/index.htm if you want to see 'em. Yes, that is 2" ABS pipe :D , spraypainted flat black in the end. Only the bottom cap is glued, and the top cap is not, it just slips on snugly and does not leak any air. The line from the valve cover attaches to the bottom fitting so that gravity works to keep oil from being pulled back to the intake. In the future I will be installing a baffle of some kind so vapors must travel farther to reach the intake side of the can. Again, feel free to post or PM :wink:

DipStick

Thanks, I think I spent about $20 or so. It would have been cheaper had I already had a hacksaw to cut pipe and glue / epoxy of course. What I really like about the 2" pipe is that it nestles in perfectly by the cruise/ EGR/ distributer, so I need not make any special brackets or anything. Its working quite well too, as there is not nearly as much oil coming out of the 1/32" vent hole in my MBC, and going everywhere!

BTW, are my pics coming up OK for everyone? They are coming off of my own server, which is still being tested.