Clutch pedal jams

From Tune Ups to Oil Changes, maintenance related

Moderator: toayoztan

Postby alltracman78 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:14 pm

Simba wrote:
alltracman78 wrote:The clutch master cylinder can [and usually does] leak internally. If it does this, there will be no fluid escaping from it. You will just have little to no clutch.

While the primary seal can fail independent of the secondary on the pedal shaft, I've never once, in several dozen master cylinder failures, seen one go without the other and obvious leakage.

I've been a tech for 10 years, more often than not it doesn't leak out the back, there's no pressure on the rear seal, the fluid just escapes back into the reservoir.

Simba wrote:
It is possible for the rod to come out of adjustment, but that rarely happens; and seeing as the OP stated he had clutch fluid all over his slave cylinder, that is the place to start.

Wasn't especially clear that something was leaking, as he specifically said it wasn't. Regardless, my point was that the lock nut and rod adjustment is worth checking failing any obvious signs of leakage.

I stand corrected, I thought he had posted that the slave was leaking.
My apologies.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
alltracman78
GTFour God

Postby yamayuki98 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:07 pm

similaf sitation here also. the only difference is that my clutch only stick when i least expect it. say i was backing out and hav my left foot balancing the clutch for manuver. the clutch would once in a while stick. have to pop it back out. bleed it like 3 times. still happens. slave is not leaking nor is master externally. dont know about internally.
91' platinum silver celica alltrac
CA
yamayuki98
Club Member

Re: Clutch pedal jams

Postby Rallly » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:53 pm

What was the fix here?
Rallly
Club Member

Previous

Return to General Maintenance and Repair