Engine light not working, idle gone crazy

Rider

I am driving along the in my gt4 two days after getting it road legal not doing anything in particular and I notice a funny smell like something electrical has fried. So I pull over, just in case something major has gone wrong, and the car is idling at over 2100 rpm. Thought that was pretty strange but after a while I carry on home and the car drives ok and seems reasonably normal except for the idle.

Next day just in case it is the AFM or something like that I decide to check the error codes and I find out the check engine light is not working and I have no idea how long it hasn’t been working because I haven’t checked for codes for months… Carrying on, I could not find any evidence of anything that smelled funny or looked burnt, so I plugged in a spare ECU and the problem is still there. Then I unplug the ISC and the idle goes rough when cold and high (1100rpm or so) when warm. So I have two problems:

1 . What could possibly have gone bad to make my idle go crazy? AFM? ISC?

2. Is there any other way I can pull the error codes? Is it going to be hard to find out why my check engine light has stopped working?