1990 Celica All Trac CEL Code 43 STA signal and ....

scuba

I have looked around the forums and perhaps I have missed it, but I am trying to see what those of you have done to remedy this code. There is no CEL illumination, however, when I pull codes I get a 43 for a STA signal code. Do you the majority of you replace the ignition cylinder, replace the ECU, or simply run a wire from the ign cyl to the starter?

My current setup at the moment is mostly a battery relocation to the rear, and a HKS pigtail for easy installation of my Greddy Full Auto Turbo Timer. I would also like to add that since I have installed the HKS pigtail and Greddy Turbo Timer that my auto steering wheel adjustment/locking has vanished and it permanently in the locked position after inserting the key. When I remove the HKS pigtail and full auto timer, the steering wheel functions return to normal.

If someone could point me in the right direction on how to rectify the 43 code and this issue(if it is even an issue), I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts.