Trying to reconnect hoses...........

UtahSleeper

Quick summary. I have a BGB and a 165 I am trying to reassemble. Previous owners dismantled this car so most hoses have been disconnected.

What I need is close up pics of a stock 165 engine and any details people can give on where hoses/vacuum lines go. I have some connected already, but there are a few that I cant tell for sure where they go, or don't want to risk it. I have skimmed the bgb a bit and have got some useful pics, but I can't seem to find anything that will cover everything.....unless I haven't dug deep enough into the book.

Thanks for any help :)

UtahSleeper

Didn't quite help, but thanks.

So, here are some pics of what I am unsure of.

I assume 1 and 3 is the brake booster.

033.JPG

036.JPG

037.JPG

4rsnduction

I may be a little rusty.....but
Im pretty sure 5, 6 and 7 are for the IAC idle up, connected with hose to become one long snake (connect number 7 end to the intake pipe between the turbo mouth and the ass of the AFM)
Number 8 connects to number 10 and is part of the fuel EVAP system
Number 9 is for the EGR system
Number 3 should be going to the brake booster
Number 4 goes to the valve cover
Number 2 might be the power steering system.....cant remember what number 1 does

Hope that at least helped put u on the right path

EDIT : just saw 11, 12 and 13
I believe 12 is just disconnected from 13 and is all part of your A/C idle up system.....

UtahSleeper

Sorry. What you posted was very helpful and I did get a few things connected. Thanks.

Last night I connected the obvious ones you said, but didn't address some since they might require me to get under the car. Plus I found a few other broken and wrong things along the way lol. So, go distracted with that. But I am at the point now where I can mount my IC, which is a big step for the condition this car was left in.

Arky

Let see here

Attachments

• 88interior 003 (Medium).jpg
    88interior 003 (Medium).jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 1,450
  • 88interior 004 (Medium).jpg
    88interior 004 (Medium).jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 1,450
  • 88interior 005 (Medium).jpg
    88interior 005 (Medium).jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 1,450

Arky

one more,...lemme know if you need more pics :)

Attachments

• 88interior 006 (Medium).jpg
    88interior 006 (Medium).jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 1,449

UtahSleeper

Right now I am good with the pics and explanations :)

Thanks everyone..............and pretty sure I will be back needing more info lol.