Rusted Brake Hard Line

ktulu

Could someone point me in the direction of an abs delete guide for the ST165. All the brake lines running to the rear of mine are rusted. I'll be replacing them, but would like to get rid of abs in the process.

88gt4DE

Mostly since access to the lines on the firewall and under rear axle suck so bad. I've decided to wait till I do my full tear down and restore to tackle this. I will be converting to non abs which I'll have to pull motor ( again ) and drop rear axle to gain access to everything I want to do ....

TRDTurko

this is the next thing I have to tackle on my 165. line is leaking right behind the fire wall after it turns under the floor. I am going to delete the abs and bend my own lines much simpler than the factory did it. I was wondering why there are so many damn lines but I guess with the abs it makes sense. Not looking forward to this but it can't be any worse than the body work lol. going to do fuel lines as well since one is already patched. Hate toyota for covering the lines in plastic so all the crud gets stuck in there and rusts everything. :bangshead:

ktulu

leekycelicy":2wvmm6w1 said:
so what size are the lines on the 165, I need to change mine and I was given some 3/16 but that's to small.
I believe they are 1/4" with metric fittings. But good luck finding those lines with metric fittings at a parts store.

athousandleaves

For my 185 I replaced the stock rear lines with the following after carefully measuring the original lines:

Brakes 3/16" M10x1.00
Fuel Return & Evap 1/4" Bubble flare (evap line may have had M14x1.5's?)
Fuel Send 5/16" M14x1.5

All working and no leaks... 165 should be similar.

In hindsight I should have just deleted the whole evap line too :bangshead:

leekycelicy

athousandleaves":2usz76z8 said:
For my 185 I replaced the stock rear lines with the following after carefully measuring the original lines:

Brakes 3/16" M10x1.00
Fuel Return & Evap 1/4" Bubble flare (evap line may have had M14x1.5's?)
Fuel Send 5/16" M14x1.5

All working and no leaks... 165 should be similar.

In hindsight I should have just deleted the whole evap line too :bangshead:

I did notice the different sizes and assumed it was fuel also. Might have to shop around then, gotta be done.

Thanks guys.