Snapped subframe stud... Now what?

celigts

So I had a feeling something wouldn't go well with this job cuz of the care of previouse owners. Yup it happened, the rear passenger side stud snapped clean with the nut.

What do I do from here? Ill obviously continue with the job but just don't know what steps I take on getting that stud out and replaced.

Quick help will be best. Thank god it's not necessary I drive the car. But still the sooner it's driving the better

Which bolt snapped. One of the four that holds the main frame? If so it is accessible by removing the bottom cushion of the rear seats. I believe I have some spares but not
sure where I have them at the moment.

celigts

Let me know if you find them! It is one of the large ones with the metal cup. Like I mentioned its the right rear passenger stud

Fox 21 Alpha

If you scoll down there's a EPC diagram,

viewtopic.php?p=253132

I believe the part you need is either 52285-20020 (which is the forward bolt, runs ~$40 at the dealer ship and is accessible under the rear seat cushion as others have said, it has 4 weird metal flanges coming off of it). There is also a rear one which I don't have experience with which looks like 90109-12049 in the diagram, not sure where/if that is accessible but I imagine it is.

If you do have the 52285 bolt and need help let me know, I broke mine off and have pictures of where it is and how to access it, etc etc

I know I have the bolt so I will attempt to find it. Appears that you are in Canada so that
would make shipping a little more difficult (ie.. will need to use US mail)

celigts

K well ill pm someone and see if they have one in Canada. But let me know if you find it. It just takes longer to ship from us then from within Canada.

celigts

CMS-GT4":1lqtur0r said:
Tim if you got more, I might be interested if I ever get underneath my car again.

I'm getting Klue to get the stud and bolt for me. Atleast the price and then ill probably buy it. I need it and shipping will be cheaper then from the states. Maybe he can get one for you too

quieter

Sorry to revive an old thread but im so happy i found this lol, im installing lukes solid diff kit and 2 of my studs broke, passenger rear and front. Both of them are different. I thought its welded but its not. Time for me to go to the dealer

2RM

quieter":1zqypo2x said:
Sorry to revive an old thread but im so happy i found this lol, im installing lukes solid diff kit and 2 of my studs broke, passenger rear and front. Both of them are different. I thought its welded but its not. Time for me to go to the dealer
O, I thought they were welded in. Are they attached some how under the rear seats? Does any one have part numbers? I need to repair one of the mounting points on the body. My prolly are the same way... Lots of rust under there..

2RM

Fox 21 Alpha":1z0rs87h said:
If you scoll down there's a EPC diagram,

viewtopic.php?p=253132

I believe the part you need is either 52285-20020 (which is the forward bolt, runs ~$40 at the dealer ship and is accessible under the rear seat cushion as others have said, it has 4 weird metal flanges coming off of it). There is also a rear one which I don't have experience with which looks like 90109-12049 in the diagram, not sure where/if that is accessible but I imagine it is.

If you do have the 52285 bolt and need help let me know, I broke mine off and have pictures of where it is and how to access it, etc etc
:D Got it! Thanks!

quieter

none of them are welded, i had trouble with one of the front ones wich are the only ones under the seat, the stud was turning with the nut so i had my friend pry it on top of the bracket and it worked, my subframe is down and im torching the bushings lol. the back one snapped and theres a hexagon shape on the beginning of the stud (back one) to take it off the body. i ordered the stud for 20$ at toyota, front ones are 65-70$ ea. i hope my swaybar bolts arent going to snap when i take them off to install the whiteline one