Body Panel Creation

From Tune Ups to Oil Changes, maintenance related

Moderator: toayoztan

Re: Body Panel Creation

Postby N8wrx » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:15 pm

If you want to ship what you can to me I can get them to him if you want. I think this would make the original shipping cheaper for you as it wouldn't be international. Im sure he wouldnt mind taking them direct also but whatever works best for you. Would pretty much need the whole floor pan and if you have any rockers left (maybe you can post some pics? I can send them to him to see if theirs enough to guesstimate accurately) I know some people are interested in rear quarters as well. I'm willing to foot some shipping expenses as i need to get replacement panels somehow so i consider it all for the greater good of my car as well as others. i dont think the floor needs to be in 1 section either but i can confirm with him, can probably cut it into like 4 smaller sections and ship them in a flatish box? Let me know what you think but anything you can provide will help everyone.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
N8wrx
Club Member

Postby N8wrx » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:21 pm

Just emailed him. If you can get me some pics i will send them his way. I asked if he might want the full car too, is it a roller easy to move? Maybe we can just ship up the full car to him or something?
N8wrx
Club Member

Postby athousandleaves » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:46 pm

Might have a connection from Vancouver BC that is willing to pluck some rockerpanels etc from clean 18x's at their local Junkyard.

Anyone out there willing to pick them up and ship them to Quebec???
1992 Red GT-FOUR RC 626•1800
1992 White turbo4WD
athousandleaves
Established Member

Postby littlemissalltrac » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:51 pm

(N8WRX): Pretty much that's all what were waiting on is panels to make the new ones from. Im still working on getting to the point I can remove some from my car. Just pulled the engine this last labor day weekend so that was a huge step. Shouldn't be long now as the whole body is bare its time to start fixing my rust. Anyone else who is willing to find/ ship / anything for any panel is greatly appreciated. I don't have much time left in the garage as its coming winter and my garage is not heated (im hoping I can buy a space heater this winter so I can at least be down there doing something.)
littlemissalltrac
Club Member

Postby scottytohotty » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:44 pm

would be great if we could get the floor pan. i have tried going through toyota unfortunately discontinued.
Black 1992 non sunroof st185 gt4
Teal 1992 st185 celica alltrac
scottytohotty
Club Member

1992 Toyota Celica

Postby Overtriped » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:59 pm

How about I bring them my car? Has anyone contacted klue?
90 ST185~205
04 Tundra V6 5spd 2wd
TOYOTA JUNKIE
Overtriped
Club Member

Postby N8wrx » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:00 pm

Overtriped wrote:How about I bring them my car? Has anyone contacted klue?

That would work, im sure they would need the car for some time tho (I have no idea how long, I think I posted the contact info in a prior post. Give them a email or something and see if it will work?) Im not sure who Klue is either?

I wont be able to work on my car much now until the spring/ summer which is when I plan on starting to tackle the body stuff. Car is 100% stripped now and on jack stands but without a heated garage I cant do too much unless I want to be a ice cube. (I don't have a portable heater, need a welder purchased first). So that said it wont be until at least maybe mid summer before I can send him panels from my car.
N8wrx
Club Member

Postby Overtriped » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:17 pm

Klue is in Ontario and he is my contact for JDM parts I can't get from Toyota USA. He might be able and willing to work with your contact, seems like they are pretty close. Check out his stuff xiiimotorsports.
90 ST185~205
04 Tundra V6 5spd 2wd
TOYOTA JUNKIE
Overtriped
Club Member

Postby 88_ST165 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:50 am

Ive used Wolf Steel before...Very nice stuff. My father started movement on Datsun 510 rear quarters similar to what were doing here! A buddy of mine also purchased Jag panels from him. Nice stuff! :D
Dave MacLaurin
- 1999 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 (5mt)
- 1971 Datsun 240Z (Series 1, EFI, 5mt)
- 1972 Toyota Celica ST (4AGE Bluetop, 5mt)
- 1988 Toyota Celica Turbo 4WD
- 1989 Toyota Celica GT-S
88_ST165
Club Member

Postby Overtriped » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:16 am

Hmm, well this could be doable, my bosses family lives In Vermont and he could prob drop
It off with my car trailer easy enough.

With that being said I can't nesessarly pay someone to fix my car, I was planning
On fixing the sheet metal myself. I'll be the test dummy if it
Doesn't cost a fortune.
90 ST185~205
04 Tundra V6 5spd 2wd
TOYOTA JUNKIE
Overtriped
Club Member

Postby N8wrx » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:44 pm

Dont loose hope all! I know im not on this forum nearly as much as I should be but i do have a few different avenues going with other metal workers that are more local to me. Its early stage with one guy but he used to build Concors O'deleganza Villa D'este cars or so he says (We will see). Also with the guy in Canada... hes ready to roll but just needs something to work with.... he said whole car is best as long as there is enough metal in the right spots to reproduce it accurately but he would take panels in sections to do im sure, im just not at the point yet where i can remove any of the "body" sections (aka sections im going to have to drill or cut out). I am however close and would LOVE to have the body done by the start of next winter so I can work all winter on the motor/driveline and drive it that next summer (we will see).
N8wrx
Club Member

Postby ascribe » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:41 pm

Awesome, thanks for the update! I was getting ready to reach out and see where things were at. Sounds like you've got a couple of good leads. Still looking for some intact panels?
ascribe
Club Member

1990 Toyota Celica

Postby N8wrx » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:11 am

The one guy didnt end up panning out as i had hoped. The only real thing lined up is with Robin and pretty much they are just waiting for something to re-create. If we are able to get him panels then I think we can do something, Like i said I wont be prepared to remove panels till AT LEAST this summer. If you able to get something to send to him please do, his information is on here and he knows about the project at hand.
N8wrx
Club Member

Postby N8wrx » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:58 pm

So ive found another gentleman in England that runs a GT4 scrap company, solely for GT4's. We have begun the steps of getting some panels from him cut and shipped over currently (so these are OEM panels). Once ive completed a transaction with him I will post the information so other than use this resource. At this point hes not a super huge company and not very well known so I dont want to throw out his info if I never get the panels (everything is looking go so far). The biggest thing we have run into is shipping as the panels are pretty heavy depending on what your getting and international shipping is pricey as it is. If this falls through I may start fabing panels myself (might offer this out to people in need depending on how hard it ends up getting and how well I can make them). I got my welder and everything else I need so I should be starting the repairs here within the month depending on how long these panels take.
N8wrx
Club Member

Postby ascribe » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:48 pm

Would it make sense to ship a single pair of panels from England and then take them to Robin to re-create? Alternatively, I'm going to reach out this week to see about using my car as the test run for this project. Can't pass inspection without new rockers...the car might as well sit in Canada where it can do some good for people. My passenger side rocker should be good, we will see about the drivers.
ascribe
Club Member

1990 Toyota Celica

PreviousNext

Return to General Maintenance and Repair