Cant replace rear mount 3sgte

ArturCeli

I tried to replace all the mounts but i cant replace the lower rear mount
One bolt is being hid above the brace that is bolt to the struts...
Any suggestions how can i remove it?

TheNubkins

I'm guessing you're referring to the motor mounts? I just recently swapped some poly inserts into mine so this is fresh in my head. I accessed the rear mount from under the car, and had the lower cross-member(this spans left to right) removed, and then the center cross-member(this spans front to rear) removed(the front and rear engine mounts both bolt to this with two bolts each). Once the center cross-member is removed you can access the single bolt securing the motor mount to the motor.

Hope this helps.

TheNubkins

I didn't notice an increase in harshness, or at least one that made the car any more unpleasant to drive by any means. Keep in mind that my coil-overs are pretty firm for street use despite having them on one of their softer settings, and my clutch engages very aggressively so I'm already used to dealing with a car that doesn't have the best street manners. I do drive it daily during the summer months when I decide not to take the bike to work. I don't think it's a bad "upgrade", but really most people may not notice a huge difference for street use. When I swapped the poly inserts for the motor mounts I also did the sub-frame(center cross-member) bushings which swapped out the stock rubber units with solid aluminum ones. I did not notice much of an increase in vibration into the car or anything unbearable. I'd imagine throttle response would be a bit snappier as there is less movement with the front/rear mounts, but really it's probably not even noticeable for every day driving and for most people's use. In my opinion if your stock ones are still good I'd hold off and only swap out if it's a maintenance issue.

celica_gtx

TheNubkins":3u0xi7t3 said:
I didn't notice an increase in harshness, or at least one that made the car any more unpleasant to drive by any means. Keep in mind that my coil-overs are pretty firm for street use despite having them on one of their softer settings, and my clutch engages very aggressively so I'm already used to dealing with a car that doesn't have the best street manners. I do drive it daily during the summer months when I decide not to take the bike to work. I don't think it's a bad "upgrade", but really most people may not notice a huge difference for street use. When I swapped the poly inserts for the motor mounts I also did the sub-frame(center cross-member) bushings which swapped out the stock rubber units with solid aluminum ones. I did not notice much of an increase in vibration into the car or anything unbearable. I'd imagine throttle response would be a bit snappier as there is less movement with the front/rear mounts, but really it's probably not even noticeable for every day driving and for most people's use. In my opinion if your stock ones are still good I'd hold off and only swap out if it's a maintenance issue.

ive been debating on picking up the solid rear. but ur reviewed helped me a lil. but like u said ima wait a lil since mine is still good.
plus i recently upgraded to the solid aluminum mtr mounts. and im in the process of getting my motor back in to get a feel for them hope i like em and are not to crazy!

ArturCeli

Thanks for the review, i also hot an aggresive clutch and that 3sgte loves to dance
So i guess iil fill my old mounts with poly just incase

celica_gtx

ArturCeli":3agdvk3j said:
Thanks for the review, i also hot an aggresive clutch and that 3sgte loves to dance

What clutch are u running?

Corey

I ran speed source poly mounts for ~60k Km. It wasn't until I removed that and went back to OEM that I realized how aweful they are for daily driving.
Obviously it was bareably since I drove with them for that long, but there was certainly more vibration transmitted to the interior. At idle, the hood would would vibrate aggressively near the washer units. And at certain RPMs while cruising, loose interior bits or clips would rattle.

I personally won't be putting poly back into the car - not worth it.

underscore

Poly seems to be hit or miss, with the poly inserts in my GTS (slides in around the stock mount) I get a lot of vibration, but with the exact poly mounts (and I mean exact, they're the ones from his car) Corey had I don't notice any extra vibration in my RC. That said, my old mounts weren't exactly new so they may have been vibrating more than fresh OEM mounts would and everything else in my car has much, much poorer road manners than his car does as my car is just a toy.

sinerasis

Anyone using kirkosaurus inserts? My stock mounts are pretty soft and floppy but still intact, they sounded like a happy medium to me.

Droptop93

I'm using Kirkasuarus mounts. Slight bit more vibration at idle but the car feels more planted during hard shifts, overall very pleased. Also helped with wheels spin at hard launch

ArturCeli

celica_gtx":32ul7ls5 said:
ArturCeli":32ul7ls5 said:

What clutch are u running?

ceramic ACT stage 4 6 spoke
and stage 5 flywheel

changed that rear mount, i got a new question will those mounts fit my 3sgte st182 s53 transmission?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-TOYOTA-Engi ... 17&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-TOYOTA-Celi ... 75&vxp=mtr

mgnt232

Im using kirk mounts in a 6gc (3rd gen 3sgte). The rear mount was near impossible to put in lol, must have messed with it for hours.
For me it was a drastic improvement for any thing over 3k. Maybe you can feel the idle a bit more? idk though, doesn't feel too bad. But night and day under a full boost drag, would recommend them for an st205 at least

underscore

The biggest thing I can recommend for installing Kirks inserts is to use the proper grease, I used the stuff GT4 racing sent me with their poly bushings and it popped right in.