Looking for Turbo oil gasket

Killtodie

I've been unable to find this part number anywhere.

Its the gasket that goes between the flex line coming off the coil cooler, and going to the oil feed/return line to the turbo.
Its not a kit, its a single gasket. Not the 3 turbo oil/cooler gaskets, its the one that is between the large oil pipe, and the flex pipe going to the cooler on the block.

Thanks

underscore

I can't quite envision where the gasket you're referring to lives. Is it one of these four?

Cooler_zpsaff43481.png

underscore

Yep 15526-88380 is the number I get for it. I'm not sure what the whole 2 different numbers thing is from Toyota.

Killtodie

Well shit, no one has this part anymore.

Ordered from Amazon, got a refund saying part is unavailable.
Ordered from another online Toyota dealer, same thing, got issued a refund today.

Ugh

RedCelicaTRD

You can but sheets of gasket material at places like autozone. It's made by felpro and usual comes in 5"x5" squares or larger rolls. It will work fine for that gasket, which if I remember right is a paper gasket to begin with. Trace the old gasket or fitting and cut it out.

Killtodie

RedCelicaTRD":2vk2fi73 said:
You can but sheets of gasket material at places like autozone. It's made by felpro and usual comes in 5"x5" squares or larger rolls. It will work fine for that gasket, which if I remember right is a paper gasket to begin with. Trace the old gasket or fitting and cut it out.

I tried making one, not happy with the results. Kinda rough, not easy to make, and it sprung a leak.
surface needs more prep. And I'll be much happier with an OEM gasket.

Going to keep trying different places.

___Scott___

Another trick, kinda kludgey, is to use high temp RTV silicone. Spread a thin uniform film (about the thickness of a credit card) on one of the mating surfaces and let it cure for 24 hours. Then assemble the pieces. As long as you don´t over tighten anything it should work.

Make sure your surfaces are clean and don´t get any silicone in the drain hole.

Killtodie

___Scott___":2ouxg8t0 said:
Another trick, kinda kludgey, is to use high temp RTV silicone. Spread a thin uniform film (about the thickness of a credit card) on one of the mating surfaces and let it cure for 24 hours. Then assemble the pieces. As long as you don´t over tighten anything it should work.

Make sure your surfaces are clean and don´t get any silicone in the drain hole.

tried that originally, didnt hold.

I need to smooth down the mating surface, might not be straight

underscore

If you've got friends at a parts store maybe bring it in and see if they can match it up to a gasket from something else.

MWP

Ive only made $500+ orders from them before so it hasn't been so much of a problem.
Not sure what it'll be like for a small package.
Let us know what they quote you.