Wanting to run new fuel and brake lines

my3sgte

("wanting" is a loose term here)...The fuel lines and rear brake lines are looking a bit crappy...I have searched and haven't found much on doing this. First plan was to buy all the factory lines, but new plan is (maybe) to run aluminum fuel lines and steel brake lines.
Few questions:
What size line should I run? Fuel I was planning on 3/8" o.d. (fairly stock hp maybe a bit more eventually probably no more than 300)...and brake- I wanted to keep the same as stock 1/4"?
Next, fittings...any idea what size fittings I will need to bolt up to factory parts with new universal lines?
Does it make sense to keep stock fuel filter at this point or replace with aftermarket inline any pros/cons...?
I am planning on going thru making a list and checking it twice later...I will keep posted if I don't hear anything here! :) Thanks!

Locker

I bought factory lines a few years ago and I'd suggest building your own. I thought it would make the install a breeze but since they have to bend them to put them in a box you have to do a bunch of work to make them look right. It wasn't worth the extra money IMO

my3sgte

Yea, that's exactly what I've heard. Did some research on hotrod forums etc about running new lines and they all seems to be all about this aluminum line stuff which looks good to me I guess...and it's cheap which is a plus...I'm guessing it will add up with all the extras still but you'll have that right? :)
Anyways thanks for input!

MWP

Aluminium is great because its easy to bend, but the downside is that it work-hardens which leads to it cracking over time.
Make sure its well mounted with P clips, so it cant flex anywhere and it should be ok.

Run the same size supply & return too, it'll save having possible tuning headaches in the future.

CMS-GT4

Gtfour77 redid his brake lines look for his build thread. I am sure there are notes in there.