starting and cutting out problems

bazbalz

hey guys wondering if any one can help me out, been fixing for about yet now st185. Nearly finally got it sorted,but i have a problem the car struggles to start and when it finally starts if you rev it it cuts out, have to have it running a while before can rev it properly. cant see any cracks in the pipes already replaced a few of them just to be safe. my afm flaps quite a bit can hear it slapping when trying to start not sure if i can give any more info, no error code coming up so im at a total lost any help would be much appreciated

thanks

bazbalz

New fuel filter and not sure about pump but hasn't been changed while I've had it. Gonna take fuel rail off and test that see if fuels getting through at the weekend but thanks I'll let you know when I've done that.

psipwrd

i had a similar issue, check your spark, timing, and ignition ground. loose ignition ground wire at the ECU ultimately fixed the problem.

bazbalz

hey cheers guys was a spark plug problem got it sorted now tho so thanks but have a electrical one now lol. i have no side lights or tail lights or dial gauge lights or central locking, dont suppose you have any ideas for that checked the usually fuses and what not but am totally clueless here any ideas would be great thanks