Very poor gas mileage, weird turbo engagement.?

Rallly

Hey guys, I just bought a stock 91 AllTrac and turbo doesnt seem to engage properly, not hearing any noises as stock boost gauge rises and as it rises, car seems to chug like turbo is turning on and off or something? Also, I'm only getting 325kms city, with a full tank of 91octane. Plugs, cap, rotor and wires were just done but gas mileage still sucks..Help please:/

alltracman78

Did you use Denso or NGK parts?
If not you should have.

Sounds like you're misfiring. Try running a can or two of seafoam through the intake.

Rallly

alltracman78":1fafn2ce said:
Did you use Denso or NGK parts?
If not you should have.

Sounds like you're misfiring. Try running a can or two of seafoam through the intake.

Is that going to harm my cats? Also where do I inject the stuff into the intake?

FC Zach

Some people spray, this what I did on my 6th gen but that car didn't have a AFM. I just poured the stuff into a spray bottle and misted it directly through the throttle body. Some pull it through a vacuum source, I never liked the idea of doing this but the instructions are on the container. . You can also simply pour into the gas tank.

When I did my old Celica (6th gen) years ago I misted some of the contents through the TB as mentioned and poured the rest in the tank. When I left the neighborhood the car literally smoked like a freight train! So much crap had loosened from the motor and was burning off. I'd definitely inspect and/or replace the plugs afterwards.

As for the cat, I'm not sure. . . mine wasn't destroyed and overall mileage did improve.

Edit, found info on the site.http://seafoamsales.com/sea-foam-mo...use-sea-foam-motor-treatment-4-cycle-engines/