Alltrac with st215 motor running rich.

Wire in a datalogger or an obd2 port so you can log all the values and then wiggle your harness around and see what changes. This works while its running or not running. I saw a video of a guy having problems and this was how he figured out what it was.

UtahSleeper

3SDNA":2ihzhd0g said:
UtahSleeper":2ihzhd0g said:
Bump. Still accepting suggestions. Also, any good write ups on testing a harness?

When I got my Caldina swap running, I was having this same issue, but I ended up replacing the water temp sensor for the ECU, and that fixed it.

Wish mine was that easy :/ I have replaced the coolant sensor on the trans side of the motor with no luck. Its weird cause the ECU seems to have all the values(Using Torque Pro), but still runs rich.

I will try the harness wiggle. Torque has a logger, so it shouldn't be too hard.

UtahSleeper

Figured I would update.

I believe I found my running rich issue. The sensor for the FPR(located under the manifold). Today I ran a vacuum line from the intake to the FPR(bypass sensor, but leave it connected to the harness) and it appeared to started idling cleaner after it warmed up a little bit. The fuel trim gauge in torque initially showed no data, but after idling a little it seemed the ECU started adjusting the fuel trim. So, not I am going to get a new sensor and see if it behaves correctly.

Interesting! Have you noticed any extra power on boost? Mine seems to be doing something similar now. My plugs are all sooted up. This may just be because I only have the downpipe on and no exhaust tho, not sure how much that matters?
Guess I will just throw some e-85 in there to balance it out! LOL jk

UtahSleeper

CTechBlueDragon":2663fkd6 said:
Interesting! Have you noticed any extra power on boost? Mine seems to be doing something similar now. My plugs are all sooted up. This may just be because I only have the downpipe on and no exhaust tho, not sure how much that matters?
Guess I will just throw some e-85 in there to balance it out! LOL jk

I haven't driven it much since its not registered. Hoping to finally reg and drive so i can find all the other issues lol

Good luck man! I did my plugs today and hardly any soot, must have just been from starting it a couple times without the O2 hooked up when I was diagnosing the bearings and checking oil pressure. I was having misfire above 13-14psi so I stepped down a heat range. Next to hook up the wideband and see where its at. It would be sweet to meet up sometime are you anywhere near the Colorado border?

UtahSleeper

I am pretty much salt lake. About 15 miles west of the city.

I would be game to meet up at some point. I dont mind driving and the alltrac would get a chance to drive after I iron out whatever bugs I find after this lol.