165 fuse box wire help

88st165

Can any 165ers help me out? Trying to identify this wire that is on the body harness side and plugs into the fuse box. I am in the process of pulling my engine to do the st215 swap and noticed this wire was a little burnt and melted. Car acts normal but I don't want any issues down the road so looking to maybe repair it. In the attached image you can see its fusebox location in the background.
4581972fcab5df9b17b4c07080ba8cd1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zaluss

I recall that wire broke on mine which caused the interior lights, cluster lights, tail lights, and headlights to not work. Have you tested yours?

88st165

zaluss":2cep0qmj said:
I recall that wire broke on mine which caused the interior lights, cluster lights, tail lights, and headlights to not work. Have you tested yours?

Yea they all seem to be functioning as normal. I think I have another body harness somewhere I can steal the plug end from and replace it if it's in good condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RallyX-GT4

That looks like one of two connections that go to the starter. It is uninsulated and exposed to a great deal of heat which accounts for some of the starting issues 4th gen celicas have. This is, however, from memory and I could be mistaken.