No Start (I've been searching for 2 weeks)

If you are getting loads of resistance, my next guess is the CHANGE THE AFM!!!!

It might seem like a long shot, but the AFM has 2 coils in it!
1 controls electrical signal to the fuel pump, and 1 controls the starter! These can build up resistance over time if not used!

Change the AFM with one that works and then try and start the car. You might have to try the ignition a few times before it starts up.

If I am correct, you can send me something from the USA in the post! :).

mrfunny107

She cranks!!!!! But still no fuel pump. I checked the diagnostics connector and I was only getting 5V.

Swapped engine harness's. Crossed fingers and she cranked. Do fuel pump resistors go bad???

mrfunny107

So... I'm only getting 1.5V at the connector. And 12V at the diagnostics port. I checked my fuel pump resistor... 8ohms and spec is 0.73ohms.....

mrfunny107

More progress. Besides the fuel pump being 100% shot, I finally got 12V to the fuel pump... But... Only when I crank the car. Any ideas why it still doesn't prime?????

mrfunny107

If you got some sort of step by step method of testing the AFM by all means I'm ears. It's just a little scary because of it is the AFM they don't come up for sale often.

FC Zach

Do you have a DVOM and service manual? I believe there's step-by-step testing instructions for the AFM. I would check for you but I'm in the process of moving and have all my literature boxed up.

mrfunny107

Well more progress... I know get 12V to the fuel pump if I jumper the Fp and B in the diagnostics port without the jumper melting...

I finally got around to looking under the rear end of the car for the first time since I got it and I'm not gonna lie.... Its a bit rougher than I expected... Rust through the rockers and bottom rear quarters. Luckily I stumbled upon a post here about fixmyrust.com and they sell the panels!!!!!!!!

Entire fuel system was shot. If I could figure out how to post pics I would but its a little different than posting pics on newcelica. So I ordered up a 10gal fuel cell and all the fixin's.

It is a good possibility of the car firing up for the first time in 11 years next Sunday.