Bogging

819_ay

So, I'm having a problem with my st185, with a mines ecu(just to specify) when I floor it or just push harder on the gas, the car makes a lot of noise(engine and exhaust),the rpm goes up, boost goes up to 14-15lbs(manual boost controller set to that amount) Afr gauge at 10... it feels like something holding it back, the speed goes up, just not has fast at it should... then around 5500 rpm it's like it let's go, and the car goes faster, and you can feel it lol.. It's hard to explain but maybe someone here will know what I'm talking about and will be able to help... My ignition timing was off about 10 degrees, so I fixed that, but it didn't change... And another problem, most times when I put the car in neutral after downshifting getting ready to stop, if I don't hit the gas, the car will stall... Maybe related., maybe not.. TiA

Sent from my LG-D852G using Tapatalk

819_ay

I dont think so, doesn't feel like a spinning clutch, and it still seemed decent when I put the engine back in last summer...it really feels. Like something holding the car back, it almost like it nose dives when it happens as well... I'm really stumped on this one

FC Zach

I've had the same problem in the past, I want to say a new oxygen sensor fixed my issue.

What mine would do and sounded just like your problem. Boost pressure increased, you could hear turbo noise but the car wouldn't go anywhere, just like I was brake boosting. . Then like a bat out of hell, once I hit the magic number (want to say it was ~3k RPM) my car would function normal again. Once I got this out of the way it was fine for the remainder of the duration of the trip.

819_ay

Yes that's pretty much my problem.... And Hmmm that might be issue but umm I don't have an o2 sensor lol... Never had one ever since I bought the car and it always ran great... With the mines ecu it's like I don't need one I tried pluging one in the past and it never changed anything so I just took it out as I found it ugly lol...