OEM Boost Gauge Economy meter

From Tune Ups to Oil Changes, maintenance related

Moderator: toayoztan

OEM Boost Gauge Economy meter

Postby Quark » Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:36 pm

Hi Guys

I simply cant get my boost gauge to work. I have tracked 2.5v all the way to the combination meter.

I am doing a little work on the board that controls the needle.

What i dont understand is why my economy meter is stock on Green. I dont see any connection between the map sensor and the economy meter on the combination meter.

I would really like to find a wiring diagram for that economy meter, that is where I really need some help.

Happy Holidays
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
Quark
Club Member

Re: OEM Boost Gauge Economy meter

Postby Quark » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:36 pm

Replaced the IC on the Boost Gauge controller. Now its moving, though not centered on 0, will look into that, any suggestions are welcome. Tried with a different MAP sensor, didnt change anything. Its reading minus one line when car is not running.

I found out that my economy meter does work, but its not getting a signal to change to orange. Is this signal coming from the ECU?, If so it pretty easy to make my Megasquirt copy it. A diagram would be nice. :shock:
Quark
Club Member

Postby Quark » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:43 am

I have pushed the needle by mistake, put it back again, and now everything is good.

about the Economy meter :oops: :oops: :oops: I forgot that its a alltrac wiring on the engine, that doesnt have the sensor for the meter. I Sold the car 7 years ago, and bought it back i februar. Just wanted to fix the last problems.
Quark
Club Member

Postby Kurt_st185_gt4 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:30 am

Nice to see you got it working again. Most guys on here aren't as quick to whip out a multimeter and soldering iron as you and I may be. Are you running a megasquirt in your alltrac right now? If you did the install did you use the pnp megasquirt or the basic diy model? I'm on the edge of buying one but I need have my pin out correct as I have the turbo 4wd model celica (euro model originally bought in Switzerland) and apparently no one knows the ecu pinouts as the ecu's differ per region.
Kurt_st185_gt4
Club Member

1990 Toyota Celica

Postby Quark » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:33 pm

It's 8 years ago I made the ms2extra for it. Been running since. Right now the engine is out and a 2.2l i going in with a ms3x.
Funny my car comes from Switzerland too.

Take the lid of the ecu, and you will see the pinout printed on the board.
Quark
Club Member

Postby Kurt_st185_gt4 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:48 pm

Nice. Are you building the 3sgte or putting a turbo on the 2.2? Also are you still in Europe?
Kurt_st185_gt4
Club Member

1990 Toyota Celica

Postby Quark » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:33 am

The 3s is put up for sale. The 2.2l 3s block 5s crank is going to be running a gt3076r NOS and water/meth.

Yes i live in Denmark

What about you? What do you have/plan, where do you live?
Attachments
2017-01-01 10.32.47.jpg
2017-01-01 10.24.49.jpg
2017-01-01 10.26.31.jpg
Quark
Club Member

Postby Kurt_st185_gt4 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:14 am

Nice. I'm in South Germany close to France. I'm on vacation right now but when I get back in going to replace the head gasket with a gen3 gasket kit a friend gave to me after he wreaked his mr2. I'm also upgrading to ARP head studs and fixing my exhaust leak between the turbo and manifold. Then I'll put in a fuel cut mod and up the boost to around 15-17psi. After that will be when I spend serious money. I deciding between fixing some body damage to the rear quarter, coilovers, or a mega squirt plug n play or diy mega squirt depending on the pin out of my ECU. I want to keep it kind of stock looking for when I import it to USA.
Kurt_st185_gt4
Club Member

1990 Toyota Celica

Return to General Maintenance and Repair