Invitation to rant about the disappearing Toyota parts inven

teal1

Hey guys,
I need to check in with somebody, anybody, who is also experiencing the sheer frustration of finding parts for GT4s? I'm in Canada and other than the most basic wear items like belts, etc, I simply cannot find anything else.
Unless there is some secret stash somewhere, I think we're screwed. The onlines sources are cleared out, with N/A notes filling the parts lists.
You going mad with this silently?
Grimly yours...

zaluss

Gen1 and gen2 engine components are becoming increasingly harder to find. This is why I moved to gen3.

underscore

Where are you looking for parts and what parts do you need? I've never had a problem finding things like belts for my car, it helps if you cross reference the part numbers with a parts fiche and call the parts stores looking for the most common USDM Toyota that had the part possible. Ie for an alternator belt for a GTFour, ask for one for an 88 Celica GTS. Some of Toyotas OEM stuff has been dwindling, but their support was far better than I got from Honda for a car that was a lot newer.

If you're looking for OEM stuff try Lithia Toyota Parts. When I've ordered from them even with shipping and the exchange they're cheaper than my local dealer :doh:

819_ay

Amayama.com, and Lithia Toyota, you can try rock auto they have quite a bit of stuff as well, just don't buy the cheap stuff lol

Sent from my LG-H915 using Tapatalk