Page 1 of 1

Brake fluid flush order

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:47 pm
by lalojamesliz1
I ordered a motive brake bleeder and a Power Probe BA10. I own my all-trac and 3 other toyota cars that are way past due for the fluid change soon could justify the cost plus the time savings.
On a st185 all-trac Would I do it like this?
Rear right
Rear left
Front right
Front left

Re: Brake fluid flush order

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:30 pm
by lalojamesliz1
I flushed my brake fluid in the order I mentioned and it worked good.
I also flushed the fluid from my clutch master cylinder..... :shock: it was black and it had like a silt on the bottom of the master cylinder! I dont think its ever been changed! I used about a quart and a half for both of dot3 fluid
I don't know anyone else who has changed the brake fluid or clutch fluid.
Up next it the blinker and headlight fluids... :twisted:

Re: Brake fluid flush order

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:39 am
by underscore
The order you used was correct as far as I know, you go from furthest from the master to closest, at least with non-ABS cars. I know a lot of people never change their fluid but I like to do mine every few years.

Re: Brake fluid flush order

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:31 am
by FC Zach
That's a very nice system! I've always used vacuum type hand-pump systems from each caliper but this is a much simpler design and cleaner too! I may consider one of these.

:rofl: :crazy:
lalojamesliz1 wrote:Up next it the blinker and headlight fluids... :twisted:

Re: Brake fluid flush order

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:58 am
by lalojamesliz1
FC Zach wrote:That's a very nice system! I've always used vacuum type hand-pump systems from each caliper but this is a much simpler design and cleaner too! I may consider one of these.

:rofl: :crazy:
lalojamesliz1 wrote:Up next it the blinker and headlight fluids... :twisted:


Thanks lol
It didn't push out the fluid fast at all but I just left it at 15psi and kept a eye on the fluid level in the bottle.

Re: Brake fluid flush order

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:22 pm
by hoys
Does this procedure change if the vehicle has ABS? Wouldn't it be furthest from ABS pump, not master cylinder?

I.e:

LR
RR
FL
FR

Re: Brake fluid flush order

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:17 pm
by lalojamesliz1
hoys wrote:Does this procedure change if the vehicle has ABS? Wouldn't it be furthest from ABS pump, not master cylinder?

I.e:

LR
RR
FL
FR


My all-trac does still have the abs box and I didn't consider it. Either way it worked out ok

Re: Brake fluid flush order

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:55 pm
by lalojamesliz1
This is the fluid i removed from my 08 sequoia and my all-trac
It was just a honey color from my SUV and then after my brakes on the all-trac it darkened to like a brown. After the clutch fluid it became black!

I bought the motive 0090 bleeder. Since I ordered the separate adapter i didn't need the motive included adapters that aren't the best fitting.
Just in case anyone in case anyone is interested