Page 2 of 2

Re: Can't find what's loose in front suspension

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:01 pm
by ___Scott___
lalojamesliz1 wrote:Is there a standard bushing replacement available I just can't find?

I couldn't find any for my ST165. I discovered that I could buy the whole lower control arm pretty cheap from RockAuto which includes the rubber bushing. I bought a pair of them and they were better than the old bushings, but not a lot better.

I'll do a write-up on how I made my poly bushings for people like me who just want to experiment with the DIY approach.

Re: Can't find what's loose in front suspension

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:43 pm
by underscore
Whiteline, GT4-Racing and someone else all make poly bushings for the front and rear. If the bushings are shot new LCAs will give more of a stock right and be a faster job to replace.

Re: Can't find what's loose in front suspension

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:37 pm
by lalojamesliz1
___Scott___ wrote:
lalojamesliz1 wrote:Is there a standard bushing replacement available I just can't find?

I couldn't find any for my ST165. I discovered that I could buy the whole lower control arm pretty cheap from RockAuto which includes the rubber bushing. I bought a pair of them and they were better than the old bushings, but not a lot better.

I'll do a write-up on how I made my poly bushings for people like me who just want to experiment with the DIY approach.


Unfortunately i wasnt able to find replacement control arms, just the bushings. I guess that's my only option. Wtf man :shoots:

Re: Can't find what's loose in front suspension

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:40 pm
by lalojamesliz1
underscore wrote:Whiteline, GT4-Racing and someone else all make poly bushings for the front and rear. If the bushings are shot new LCAs will give more of a stock right and be a faster job to replace.


Have you seen new lca's for sale?

Re: Can't find what's loose in front suspension

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:40 pm
by ___Scott___
lalojamesliz1 wrote:Have you seen new lca's for sale?

I just assumed they would be available for the ST185 as well as my ST165. A quick look at RockAuto didn't show any though.

Hot off the press, the write-up on DIY bushings is here if you are interested:
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=52521

Re: Can't find what's loose in front suspension

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:40 pm
by lalojamesliz1
___Scott___ wrote:
lalojamesliz1 wrote:Have you seen new lca's for sale?

I just assumed they would be available for the ST185 as well as my ST165. A quick look at RockAuto didn't show any though.

Hot off the press, the write-up on DIY bushings is here if you are interested:
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=52521


Nice job man!

Re: Can't find what's loose in front suspension

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:19 am
by lalojamesliz1
Just wanted to give a update since lots of people were nice enough to help me with needed info.

I just received and installed whiteline poly swaybar bushings for the and rear that I bought from summit racing.
The front suspension clunk when backing out of my driveway and the dreaded rear clunk are gone :D

I also ordered whiteline front control arm bushings but since I no longer have the suspension noise I might return them. I'm tempted to keep them though because of the age their age and they are currently covered in oil from a previous leak. I don't have a multi ton press and I was going to use a balljoint press but it sounds like a PITA