Can the rear clunk cause any damage?

lalojamesliz1

So I need new rear subframe mounts. I replaced my rear diff mount, swaybar links and bushings and the only thing I can think of is the subframe mounts. I dont want to spend the $250 on poly mounts right now though because I need new tires asap and I'm considering new wheels. I have another money pit I'm also working on.
I get the rear clunk when I'm backing up or if it's in a low gear and I get off and on the throttle at very low speeds. Can i cause any damage by just driving it like this?

underscore

I imagine that things moving around enough to make noise isn't good for the longevity of joints and things.

FC Zach

lalojamesliz1":bi6jzace said:
I replaced my rear diff mount, swaybar links and bushings and the only thing I can think of is the subframe mounts.
Did you replace with new? If no, I'd get under there and push up on the diff to look for movement. . because if replacing with a ~30 year old used one, it has probably detached too.

lalojamesliz1":bi6jzace said:
I get the rear clunk when I'm backing up or if it's in a low gear and I get off and on the throttle at very low speeds. Can i cause any damage by just driving it like this?
Sounds exactly like a bad diff mount, mine is doing the same. I wouldn't think it would cause anymore damage but like underscore said, it ain't helping anything.

FC Zach

If needed, the prices I was quoted from BRD: "the mount is £95+£60 core charge, we also do the 2 hanger bushes £75 and 4 subframe bushes £105 + shipping".

I mention this because his prices were much better than others. . for example there's a diff mount on flebay for $199.00+40 shipped compared to his (BRD) $125.

lalojamesliz1

FC Zach":1xtz4wa5 said:
lalojamesliz1":1xtz4wa5 said:
I replaced my rear diff mount, swaybar links and bushings and the only thing I can think of is the subframe mounts.
Did you replace with new? If no, I'd get under there and push up on the diff to look for movement. . because if replacing with a ~30 year old used one, it has probably detached too.

lalojamesliz1":1xtz4wa5 said:
Sounds exactly like a bad diff mount, mine is doing the same. I wouldn't think it would cause anymore damage but like underscore said, it ain't helping anything.

I gutted my original mount and filled it with shore 80. Its tight with no play right now.

lalojamesliz1

FC Zach":vcbsy81j said:
If needed, the prices I was quoted from BRD: "the mount is £95+£60 core charge, we also do the 2 hanger bushes £75 and 4 subframe bushes £105 + shipping".

I mention this because his prices were much better than others. . for example there's a diff mount on flebay for $199.00+40 shipped compared to his (BRD) $125.

Hanger bushes?
I'd be interested in the subframe bushes and the hanger bushes ( If i knew what they are lol)
I dont need the diff mount right now.
spherical bearing will be OEM  42110-14010

lalojamesliz1

underscore":179bd33n said:
I imagine that things moving around enough to make noise isn't good for the longevity of joints and things.
I understand what your saying but I'm just wondering if I'll cause any damage like having to replace something by using my all-trac as my daily work car. I want to replace the mounts asap. The price from BRD will make this happen sooner :)