Hello all, I'm looking to sell my '88 ST165. I've had this car for 4 years now, but have never really got the project off the ground. My intention was for it to become a designated AutoX/Track Day car, but I never got far enough to get it there and have just lost the motivation as I realize I just never really was that much of a car guy. Most of the time I've owned it, it's been nothing more than a garage ornament. I have all the details listed below, but I want you to know that this car cranks every time you turn the key, and has never left me stranded. It has no major mechanical problems, it has some track-ready mods, and would make a fantastic platform as a project car for anyone looking for a very unique track car.
1988 Toyota Celica All-Trac (ST-165)
217k miles (speedometer has been broken off and on since I've owned it, so likely closer to 218k, I've put very few miles on it myself)
PRICE LOWERED: $3500 OBO no trades
DFW Texas Area
- Ceika Type 1M Coilover Kit (7/7 Spring rates, camber/caster front plates, camber rear plates)
- Bridgestone Potenza RE-71R tires (with <1k miles and only 1 AutoX event)
- Upgraded brake pads/rotors (street/race mix compound, do not remember the brand, <1k miles and only 1 AutoX event)
- 2ROW Aluminum Radiator
- Upgraded sealed beam headlamps
- (Not Installed, but comes with car) Innovate O2 Sensor, polyurethane engine mounts and frame bushings
There might be more mods, but I'm not 100% positive. These are all the ones I remember doing to the car.
Known Issues (I want to be honest and up-front):
- Turbo leaks oil during boost, needs rebuild/replace, but still drives fine and still can do an AutoX if you bring some extra oil
- Had 1 minor accident, sideswipe on passenger side. Scraped paint and lost mirror, but very little structural damage
- No Radio or A/C (heater works fine)
- Has issues shifting into 2nd gear once the car is warm. Transmission fluid has been changed as well as shifter cables replaced with cables from someone else's ST165 part-out, so likely needs to be taken to a transmission shop. Still works fine on the street and I did an AutoX with it, I just shortshifted into 2nd gear and it's fine. No other gears have this issue.
- Of course it's a 30 year old car with >200k miles, so there's plenty of squeaks throughout and leaky seals around the windows
But again, this car starts every time I turn the key, hot or cold, even after sitting for a year (albeit with a jump). It's never broken down on the side of the road, and was incredibly fun to throw around an AutoX course (you want grip? It's got grip in spades). I really wanted to love cars, but it's just not the hobby for me. I hope that someone sees the value in this car (I paid $4200 for it 4 years ago and put >$2000 into it) and wants to take a jump on a really fun-to-drive project car. PM me here for more details or pictures, and once I know you're interested, we can move to email or phone to set up a time to come take a look at it.
Last edited by runt9
on Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.