Switch to full style
All Trac Parts
Forum rules
Post a reply

ABS speed sensors

Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:40 pm

Looking for working ABS speed sensors for the 91 Alltrac/GT4. For sure need Fronts but all four would be a nice bonus.

Thanks
Members don't see the above ad. Register now

Re: ABS speed sensors

Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:23 am

Unfortunately these have been discontinued for some time. Buy the plastic ones from ebay for a corolla or matrix, shave them down to fit, and splice the wiring. Just make sure the resistance is about 1.6ohms before and after splicing.

Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:06 pm

psipwrd wrote:Unfortunately these have been discontinued for some time. Buy the plastic ones from ebay for a corolla or matrix, shave them down to fit, and splice the wiring. Just make sure the resistance is about 1.6ohms before and after splicing.

Thanks for the suggestion. Does it matter which year? Or are they basically all the same internally with different housing?

Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:14 am

psipwrd wrote:Unfortunately these have been discontinued for some time. Buy the plastic ones from ebay for a corolla or matrix, shave them down to fit, and splice the wiring. Just make sure the resistance is about 1.6ohms before and after splicing.

Man I haven't heard from you in a while! Did you pass inspection with this method or did you sell the car?

Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:04 am

I'm in and out every few months just to see what's going on. The ABS light went out but the car still didn't pass inspection.

My idle pulse got erratic and then nothing, and I don't see the pulse ground coming from the EMS. If it ain't one thing it's another. I'm thinking about trying another EMS March 2018 or shipping the car back to the US inop if it's not too much of a hassle.

As for the ABS sensor, just as long as it's plastic...shaving metal isn't fun at all.

Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:37 am

psipwrd wrote:I'm in and out every few months just to see what's going on. The ABS light went out but the car still didn't pass inspection.

My idle pulse got erratic and then nothing, and I don't see the pulse ground coming from the EMS. If it ain't one thing it's another. I'm thinking about trying another EMS March 2018 or shipping the car back to the US inop if it's not too much of a hassle.

As for the ABS sensor, just as long as it's plastic...shaving metal isn't fun at all.

I know what you mean. I finished my engine rebuild and got it all back in and wired but now I'm have a starting issues where my cel doesnt even come on and when it does start it runs pretty bad (need to recheck timing). Right now im saving up for a megasquirt plug and play from diyautotune.com. It was made for 2nd gen 3sgte in the mr2 and celica. Only costs $830 and you can get a military discount.

Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:10 am

Check your grounds. Buy or make some 3ft ground cables. You'll want to run a ground from your alternator bracket to the passenger strut tower (scratch the paint off), from the igniter to a hole on the firewall or driver strut tower, and from the battery to chassis, any hole already under or near the battery. This solved my poor start/poor idle issues immediately after the build. Also, look into the starter relay mod if you have a weak start. I don't know anything about MSPNP but with the AEM EMS, the crank speed has to get above 300 to turn over. If not, you're just killing the battery. I had to buy a jump starter and charger to troubleshoot and learn more about weak and/or poor start.
Post a reply