4age in a fwd celica?

Talk about the other Celica models

4age in a fwd celica?

Postby Rpz123isme » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:36 am

Will a 4age bolt in to a celica front wheel drive? and if yes will it bolt to my fwd transmission! What cluch setup will i need ? 4age pressure plate 5sfe disk? i am thinking of a 4 age for the building block for my fwd and i need some help with this stuff befor i drop a grand for the engine! :D
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
Hard works pays off in the long run, but procrastination pays off now!
Hesperia, CA
1988 St165 - Project Bacardi with a 4sgte
Rpz123isme
Established Member

Postby TheAutoholic » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:13 pm

It was an option in 4th and 5th gen Celicas in Europe, but there were different mounting positions. It will take some custom work to make do it. The 4A-GE is best suited in a light weight car as it is only a 1.6 liter with not much torque, but alright hp and a super fast rev. I would say don't waste your time, and spend your money on putting an All Trac motor in your car. better bang for the buck, plus you get stock turbocharging.
Currently All Trac-less....

Dracov wrote:I'm firmly convinced GT-Four trannies are made from collapsed stars.
TheAutoholic
Club Member

Postby Terracar » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:53 pm

if you have the ST that came with the 7afe, then it is drop in, but will require a diff transmission (A block). If the car has the 5sfe (S block), it will require some welding/fab work for a few of the mounts.

-Terra
'92 'trac - Demon - currently in need of some reconstructive surgery.
Terracar
Established Member

Return to FWD Celica