Whats with the throttle feel!?

Talk about the other Celica models

Whats with the throttle feel!?

Postby wannabe toms racer » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:12 pm

i had to drive my buddies 91 gt wit the 5sfe (bone stock) the other day and i was amazed at the difference in accelerator pedal feel! its like F'in 3 times stiffer than the Trac's... now is this cuz theres about a mile of throttle cable or is there something goin on?.. its auto btw...booo. im jus curious. it dont bug him but ofcourse i gotta ask lol
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
Adam 'Akiba' Armstrong
90 audi 80 quattro- new projekt
Stubborn ass '91 alltrac - traded!
dont let ANYONE fool you money CAN buy happiness...
OR at least SUPPORT it...
wannabe toms racer
Established Member

1991 Toyota Celica

Postby Mafix » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:29 pm

could be his throttle needs to be clean or his cable is a little sticky. or he has one hell of a good spring.
Mafix
Gold Member

Postby celicaGTS_T » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:22 am

Thats how my GTS is, Me and my buddy juss readjusted the cable to make it more responsive because the pedal felt sticky (?)..... if it matters any :shrug:
celicaGTS_T
Club Member

Postby WarTowels » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:29 pm

I've seen this on some 5th gens. I would like to know the cause/solution even though neither of mine are like this.

-Towels
WarTowels
Gold GTfour God

Postby ulis_m86 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:34 am

on my gt-s one time the cable got really frayed and there was only one strand holding it. the frayed part would get jammed in the cable and the throttle would stay accelerated i almost hit someone too. so i turn into the first gas station didnt notice it was on a one way street till i saw all the headlights. fun times i tell you.

i tried rerouting the cable on the all trac like others have done here and it would end up being too stretched out i adjust it all the way out but the throttle stays slightly open so i put it back how it was.

i think the throttle pedals feel the same the clutch on the other hand world of a difference. as for brakes my stripped gt-s with stainless lines and ebc pads and no abs will stop a lot better than the stock alltrac.
ulis_m86
Club Member

Return to FWD Celica