Swap questions

3sgte@daspeedof

Ok, I've installed my motor(3sgte) into my fwd celica I have a few questions.

My hoses are disconnected on the intake manifold, but I'm trying to figue out where the hoses go I don't think I have an egr valve unless thats the thing connected to the pressure sensor, and it has a spring on it. What I would like to knowis where do all the hoses go.

the injector pack/resistor pack has two connectors on it one plugs into the main engine wiring harness, the other has two blue wires that come off the other connector, where do I hook up these wires to.

As well, I am using the st185 main fuse box, and I have plugged the connectors from the secondary fuse box into the main fuse box, but there is one white wire with a blue line coming out of it, I want to know what this wire is for, and do I need to wire it to anything.
Thanks in advance.

the white with light blue stripe...i believe the size is 14g, i know its thicker then most of the other wires, that is ur ABS wire. i dont have abs on my 184 so i taped it off

its hard to picture what hoses your talking about because there about 3895725329890 hoses coming out of the intake manifold, lol
i know the back rear one goes to a external bov but it should be plugged if its factory, one of goes from the left side of the top to the right side of the top front of the manifold to the charcoal canister its a skinnier one and part of it has metal brackets holding it up, another goes to a boost gauge i believe the middle right towards the top (i have this one plugged because i have my boost gauge line hooked up through a T-adaptor that goes to the pressure sensor, the one that goes to the pressure sensor will be on the left side of the manifold, the one in the front of the manifold left of the throttle body goes to the valve cover.

as for the injector resistor pack, itd be good if you can post some pictures. im using an mr2 resistor pack and i had to hardwire it into the harness becuase for some reason the plugs were different. all my were black, 4 were about 16g and the other one was 14g, and i had 5 plugs coming from the harness and i looked in the alltrac book to see which wires were with what injectors, but it doesnt really matter just as long as i had the 14g wire wired correctly because all the injectors get the same resistence...correct me if im wrong. let me know if you need anything else

3sgte@daspeedof

Ok, so I got it started, but when ever I try to start it I have to put my foot on the gas to get it to start, as soon as I let off the gas it dies. It won't run, constantly without me doing that. am I missing something?

Thanks for the help by the way.

does its start up and then die right away or can u start it up and hold the pedal down and the car can stay running, if it starts up and dies right away check for vac leaks. the 3s is very sensitive, i forgot to plug a small vac port when i was doing the swap and it kept turning off.

larsst185

bumping this thread.I am doing this same swap and also wonder where to connect these to wires.What does the box beside the resistor packs do.The engine runs but it dies when I try to throttle up.humm

larsst185

think I just figured it out.think it is the resistor pack for the fuel pump.anyway.dont think this is the problem causing the engine to act like it does.anyone know where to fing j spec pinout diagram for the 3s-gte ecu?

Mafix

they are all on the front page of alltrac.net in the documents section. you'll need to know what year you ECU is.