Considering buying an alltrac

All of the information you need in one place.

Postby maxaud » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:12 am

I've had two All-tracs and then I got ym RC. My first one I got was in Biloxi and I drove it back 2562 miles to where I live, the second was in Charleston WV and I drove it back 2324 miles, and when I went to pick up the RC I pick'd it up in Raliegh and drove it back 2700 miles to where I live. Look around and road trip to get one. I'll even do it for you if you want, you pay for plane tickets and gas and I'll make the trip for you. There is the one on eBay that's missing the front bumper and stuff that's going for cheap, It might be worth looking into.

that's if this other one sold which it might not have been.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
-Dustin
maxaud
GTFour God

1992 Toyota Celica

Postby WarTowels » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:38 am

I just really really wanted a 93. Hell I'd take any, my current celi is a 93, and I just wanted to keep it that year. And with 81 made, I'm pretty sure it will be a little while before theres one I can afford.

This one was was just just above my price range. That includes selling my current car. Gotta live right?

I'd get that beater from Florida, minus the "I beleive the head gasket is blown" and also it needs an lot of repairs. Doubt it would make it back to Maine.

This just seemed like my one opportunity to get one. Hell, it was less than an hour away from my home.

And I can't take any road trips except for thanksgiving, xmas, or my 1 week long spring break. Unless they can be done in a weekend.

=/

Guess I'll keep looking every once in a while.

**Oh, and the guy selling it told me I couldn't come this sunday because someone else was looking at it. I had plans for next saturday. So I beleive it. I'll confirm tommorow though.

-Towels
Last edited by WarTowels on Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
WarTowels
Gold GTfour God

Postby Denver_whiteST185 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:43 am

unfortunatly, you want a daily driver. there is a 93 in denver, but its torn apart and need a drivetrain. the body is in great condition.

92-93 aren't too much different than if you have a 90-91, they just have a different shifter, different A/C controls, and different taillights.

Also, getting one from out of state is an adventure too. then you get to really try it out on the open road and play with it for a few days before you get back to your house.
^Ted^

went back to the dark side of hondas!!!
(not really, i just own a completely UNmodified 91 civic dx that gets 45+ mpg now)
Denver_whiteST185
GTFour God

Postby WarTowels » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:10 am

haha... 17 hours away... I'll think about it.

http://www.celicatraderonline.com/ab-sh ... 3661878567

Would be workable other than the damage... assuming nothing is horridly wrong with it.

-Towels

**Edit $137 plane tickets haha!***
WarTowels
Gold GTfour God

Postby maxaud » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:36 am

WarTowels wrote:haha... 17 hours away... I'll think about it.

http://www.celicatraderonline.com/ab-sh ... 3661878567

Would be workable other than the damage... assuming nothing is horridly wrong with it.

-Towels

**Edit $137 plane tickets haha!***

that one has been sold for months now, just hasn't been updated. It's now only 70 miles away from me and the speeding ticket I got was on the way to that guys house to drop off the intercooler I sold to him. His name is deepsky here on the forums :) I believe he has sourced out all the body panels and it's going into the shop next week.
-Dustin
maxaud
GTFour God

1992 Toyota Celica

Postby maxaud » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:41 am

Just keep your eye out, The one I bought from West Virginia was initially asking $3500 for but they talk'd me up to $4100 before I went and picked it up. It had 122k miles, ran great just needed a heater core. I'm sure one will pop up on here soon enough close to you that you will be able to get, for cheaper possibly.
-Dustin
maxaud
GTFour God

1992 Toyota Celica

Postby WarTowels » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:47 am

Ok. Keep faith alive I guess.

-Towels
WarTowels
Gold GTfour God

Postby WarTowels » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:09 pm

If anyone finds one for under $5,500 hit me up with a link.

AIM: WarTowels

Or post on here.
WarTowels
Gold GTfour God

Postby BLOWNTACO » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:57 pm

Just keep looking man. I found and bought one out of Pittsburgh, major rust problems, but carefully picking my way through that restoration. Then in March of this year I picked one up off of Autotrader. 90 model with 68k on the clock. Just keep searching...Jonstew even picked up a 92 with less than 60k on it! They're out there.....and they are found. Some in fantastic shape and some are diamonds in the rough. Bankroll your cash and when the time is right you'll find one!!
A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.
-Thomas Jefferson
BLOWNTACO
Club Member

Postby WarTowels » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:39 pm

yeah, I think im gonna try and find one that needs some work. So I can keep my current car.
WarTowels
Gold GTfour God

Previous

Return to FAQ / Archive