The truth about ST215 3sgte engine

CSAlltrac

MWP":cuwgio62 said:
Yeah, agreed.
Toyota forged cranks are generally unbreakable. Surrounding parts fail first.
I'm pretty sure Ryan (BADNEWS) was the one that broke a crank, but when you're playing with the power he is, everything breaks. Pretty sure that had an effect on his board name choice.

deepsky

I'm starting this swap from Gen2 ST185. I need a new throttle cable. Since it appears I could get by with a shorter one, any suggestions on an alternate cable I could get?

Also someone showed a pic of a WTA on their Gen4. I'm assuming that Celica WTA was modded, I don't think it will bolt on, correct?

FC Zach

I also needed a shorter throttle cable but on my Mazda. . . I shortened my cable instead of replacing it. I reused the threaded end at the TB by carefully heating it with a torch while pulling the cable housing till it was free (mount in vise or whatever). Then trimmed the cable housing to desired length (after cutting the factory cable end off and pulling cable through). I reinstalled the threaded cable housing adjustment by heating it once again but just enough to melt the desired length of cable housing in place. Pull cable through and . . .

You'll need a new cable end unless you can successfully drill through the OE one and solder it back in place but if not you can get one from almost and hardware store.
34126924041_d6dc4d74f2_z.jpg

Trim excess cable end and done!