First Start-up Since May '07

LegacyofDan

well you guys as of last friday my ST165 has finally come back alive, after being in a deep sleep for over a year, and i have learned more about this car and cars in general, than i have ever thought i would learn lol, but with that aside, i know i fucked something up, or forgot to to calibrate something....

the problem i have is to do with it starting up, and idling...right now it takes ATLEAST 5 attempts at turning the key until she finally gettings going, and it really sounds like something with the fuel, since i have to flood her alil bit to even get her started, and like it just sounds like she isnt getting enough fuel to start up, since it makes like sputters and then i let go and she then just doesnt start up, and so i try again until that sputter actually turns into the engine running right, and she will not idle for shit, i have to keep my foot on the gas otherwise she stalls right away, plus i'm getting some pretty decent backfire, nothing REALLY loud, but u can hear it, and i have stock exhaust on her, so i think i screwed something up with the fuel, thats my guess...but if u guys could like throw out some ideas at like what i wanna check and what else it could be, or common mistakes that ppl make...i would GREATLY appricate thank you :)

btw i did empty the gas tank after she sat for a year, so its not bad gas, and after i started her up, i sat on the pedal for a while to clear up the gas out of the filter and and lines that could be bad gas, so it could be running on new and clean gas, plus i cleaned up everything before i put it back in, like the rail, the injectors etc etc

other question does anyone know anything about rim sizes? since i dont...i really wanna put 00-05 15 inch celica rims on my ST165...would the fit?

thank you all :)

LegacyofDan

oh btw ALSO my power steering is making rediciliously loud sounds when i even touch the steering wheel, everything is mad tight, and i have the right amount of fluid and BRAND new pump too...so WTF? :shrug: