st205 ea1 conncetor pin outs

biomedgt4

Hi guys im in the process of swapping my st165 with a st205 motor but I am wondering where i can find the pin outs for the EA1 connector? I have tried looking through EWD with no luck. Any help would be appreciated

sMARTINside

I have written down the pinout of that connector when I did my harness, last year. Here it is:
EA1cutwires.jpg

The ''Fils coupés, ail gauche" are the wires going out of the fuse box, then out through the left fender. The numbering for these wires was randomly put by me, so don't take them into account.

If you have some hard time reading french words, let me know!

biomedgt4

thank you very much!!!! this saves me some time researching. Now all i need to figure out is which wires I will need to connect to the st165 fuse box to get my engine to run :D

urbandork

biomedgt4":1rmrzhwo said:
Hi guys im in the process of swapping my st165 with a st205 motor but I am wondering where i can find the pin outs for the EA1 connector? I have tried looking through EWD with no luck. Any help would be appreciated

when i did mine i used the st205 harness and fuse box primarily. I only had to run two extra wires to run power two and from the key which the st165 and st185 ran through the main engine wiring harness.

in essence i pulled the fuse box and wiring harness out of each car what ever went back inside the car that i could not disconnect i simply cut and labeled/figured out what it was for. Sometimes i found that some stuff in the 165 such as the horn relay were in the car where as on the 205 they where placed in the fuse box.... in this case i used what was in the car and deleted the horn relay from the 205 fuse box. This came in handy for a place to relocating the IC pump relay in to the fuse box since i deleted relay box number 6. This also housed the an ac fan relay, but since i deleted the ac i didnt need it anyway.

I digress...

I had the whole clip at the time so all i did was cut the wires which went back into the car and hook them back up to the st165 corresponding wires. most of it was just stuff like fans and dome and things of that matter.

hit up the wiring diagrams for the 165 and 205 and trace down what is what.

biomedgt4

wow im surprised you went with the st205 fuse box. From what I have seen in the forums almost everybody went and used the st165 fuse box.

sMARTINside

I also used the ST205 fuse box. My reason was that the ST185 stock fuse box was having bad contacts in it and I wanted to have a fuse box without problems. Usually, it is easier to use the car's fuse box, but if you change it for a new one with even more relays than you need to, it leaves some place for expansion and it can't hurt. If you go that way, just make sure that you know what each relay does in both fuse boxes and what wire is used for what function. It is more complex to change the fuse box for the ST205 one but the pinout that I sent you is really a good help that you can count on. You just have to do the same job for the ST165 one. On that side, I can't help you, because I did it for my ST185 and don't know how ST165's are wired.

urbandork

biomedgt4":8b13e2qj said:
wow im surprised you went with the st205 fuse box. From what I have seen in the forums almost everybody went and used the st165 fuse box.

Yeah i went this way cus the previous owner had a 185 motor with some blah looking wiring on the stock 165 fuse box, i also figured since i had a new fuse box it would be the better long term choice.... plus i felt it looked more stock. Heres a pic

IMG_2106.jpg

hope this helps and good luck with ur swap.

PS
You also have to keep in mind the plug/s on the inside of the car near the ecu... the 205 has 3 of them II1 II2 and IJ1 iirc... where as the 165 only has one. Here i used the 165 plug and just made sure the corresponding wires form the 205 where soldered to the ones on the 165 plug.

sMARTINside

Here is the ST205 ECU pinout with the ST185.
ECUconnectors.jpg

And those dash connectors:
Dashconnectors.jpg

Like urbandork I found that the ST205 fuse box fitted well in the ST185 fender, in the stock ST205 position.
EngineBay.jpg

1alltrac2

My apologies if this sounds stupid, but why are some of the descriptions crossed out on the diagram of the ecu pinouts? My guess is that the st165 and st185 don't use those systems?