5x114.3 front and rear.

tubasteve

Having major issues reposting/fixing my posts...

For now:

These are acura tl wheels 04-06 that i test fitted, just cause i can!<---these did rub the strut in the rear(8mm spacer would help)

I have spent a lot of time researching wheel hubs and rotors for the past few....months/years. well im going to tell you what hubs and things youll need, hopefully with pictures:

WARNING:I will not be held accountable if you do something to screw up your car or braking system...this is just info from what i have found and completed pesonally

I'm in no way asking for money or to compare my prices. you can just goto the wrecker and get them.

PARTS AND PRICE ABOUT:

Front hub: 43502-42010 Rav4 96-2000(any trim) My cost: $58 ea Dealer list: $114.71 ea

rear hub: 42301-32060 Highlander (awd only) 2001-2003, Lexus RX300 1999-2003 *new* My cost:$190 ea Dealer list: $246 ea ********used******* I just payed $69.95, and comes with spindle(ill talk more about this) ea.

Front rotors:43512-06040 Camry (2.4/3.0) 2002-2006 im not going to price these out, but if you want me to do the cut, let me know.

Rear rotors:42431-33140 Highlander (awd only) 2001-2003, Lexus RX300 1999-2003 are unmodified at all so have at it(and they do make drilled and slotted in these.)

special tools needed for hub chage: 1)A press to press on and off the hubs :duh: 2) to use stock calipers for the 185, a on or off car brake lathe 3) PB blaster, or something to get your shit free if it is rusted.(i do consider this to be a tool, esp with the amount of rust i see on these cars)

FRONTS:

For the fronts its been talked about before, but i never saw anyone else do this change(chickens) granted ive had my new rav4 hubs for over a YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shoots: but gave up as i was trying to save for other projects.here are a couple shots of the hubs fro the fronts, the one with the race still on the hub is the old one(5x100)

for the rotor, it almost fell into place once i got my thinking cap on..."i know i saw these specs somewhere" awh yes the 2004 toyota camry 2.4 front rotors.(ones i looked up)

camry(left) spec vs 185(right):
camf.png
celif.png

The only issue here is the height and the thickness....well, this is where the "rudimentary lathe" comes in handy.<-------name the movie quote. the difference in height is 49.2mm-46.35mm=2.85 The other issue though is how thick, the stock 185 rotor is 25mm, camry is 28mm. SO 28-2.85=25.15(little over the stock) so i shaved only the bottom side or the part that faces the car?hub where the pad meets the rotor only(NOT THE WHEEL SIDE) we are trying to correct to things with one stone... height and the thickness.

I measured ball joint clearance and the caliper bracket clearance as well, cheap measuring for camera only, i was a one person doing this today(pictures and measuring)

Pad sweep...perfect mounted up.

Fronts are done

REARS:

First off, i was supprised i never found this sooner, like how i found the rav4 front hub.....the fronts are easy for the hubs. i cheated, just like toyota they have "what does this cross over to", but i noticed that the car i chose did not show up at all under "same bearing", however they use the exact bearing.

rearhub.png
if you cant see the above picture, youll not know what year highlander or rx300

the one without studs is the st205 hub I used(the st205 and 185 rear hub sizes around and depth wise are the same.

parking brake works as they also use the same shoes and rotor size is near 100% correct. the rotors are for the 185 brakes only!!!!! and only the highlanders brake rotors!!!

my rotors are from a 2002 Rotor specs Celica:
celir.png

Highlander/RX300
hlrtr.png

im going to end it here so i can get questions just in case, but this is for the st185 with brakes, the hubs will work on 185/205, and actually the 165 as well.

only thing i ask, if your going to do it, please remember i spent my time and money researching something i dont even have wheels for or the current need. :p

fussellbug

Is it really a good idea to shave almost 3 mm off one face of the front rotor?

Might be better to take 1.5 mm off each side and use a 1.5mm spacer between the rotor and hub to achieve the same overall placement.

tubasteve

fussellbug":6mskmd6p said:
Is it really a good idea to shave almost 3 mm off one face of the front rotor?

Might be better to take 1.5 mm off each side and use a 1.5mm spacer between the rotor and hub to achieve the same overall placement.

Your shaving the 3mm to make the over all height lower of the disc. if you measured most brake discs they aren't even faces any way.the stock Celica disc is also thinner. We aren't using the Camry for its specs.

Update, found a 5x114 rear deal for the $t205 brakes will be mounting up this week i hope.

CMS-GT4

I just did the conversion myself. I have not driven the car yet, but the installation went smoothly. I spent over a month building my own BBK, but I hope to be moving sometime this week.

camry90

^i only need the front to be done. so all i needis the hub and use ST185 bearings? press it in and that's it?
i will peice my bbk with wilwood

CMS-GT4

I used rav4 hubs and 185 bears/seal kit. Had a shop press it in, and was done in a few hours.

Overtriped

Highlander brakes would prob bolt onto your front Camry hubs. Inner spacers for the rotors are most likely needed. may have to get longer studs. I know a guy who's flipping highlander brakes and calling it a performance big brake kit for camry/Avalon/Solara (750$)

aus jd 2703

tubasteve":m4w4cbk1 said:
the one without studs is the st205 hub I used(the st205 and 185 rear hub sizes around and depth wise are the same.

im going to end it here so i can get questions just in case, but this is for the st185 with brakes, the hubs will work on 185/205, and actually the 165 as well.

only thing i ask, if your going to do it, please remember i spent my time and money researching something i dont even have wheels for or the current need. :p

just to clarify could i do this to a 205 rear end?
reason i ask is i would like to run a complete 205 rear end to gain the 20mm width so i can run same offset all round?
(i realize 5x100 means i can get low offset rear rims but id like to be able to rotate tyres)

CMS-GT4

I don't see why it wouldn't. Just to be sure, just see if the rear 205 wheel bearings etc.. are the same as the 185. Since the 205 & 185 brakes fit each other, it should work as long as the bearings and such are the same. Just keep in mind, it looks like the rear track might be a hair wider than the front of the 185.
185 specs:
F: 1475mm = 58.1 in.
R: 1440mm = 56.7 in.

The 205 specs I found.
Front track: 1510mm
Rear track: 1490mm

So the rears might be made flush easier than before. My fronts are fairly flush with the 17x9s. The rears could still go another 10mm to be flush. I might do this myself once I do the rears.

deecee

anyone tried this with st205 rear brakes and discs? Not sure how much room for re-drilling on the rear disc with the additional holes.

Cuttyman9

For front wheel drive celica owners, Camry rear hubs and rear brakes are a direct swap for the rear.

Has anyone tried a previa front hub?
Are the e153 axle outers the same as S53/54 axle outers? (Spline count, diameter)

tubasteve

Since the major last time I posted here, I've gotten a second job that lets me put my hands on a ton more parts.

I HAVE FIGURED OUT THE 5x114 plus 205 front and rear brake combo....problem is I sold my setup for the hubs to show the test fit.

Until I recover money I've spent on my rc car racing,I can not post on here my results.

Thanks,
Steve

Cuttyman9

I've been working on the 5x114.3 swap which is on my 92 GT (fwd)

I've learned a few things.
-5th gen Alltrac and fwd Celicas use the same spline axles (albeit the differences in the rest of the axles)

-Rav4 hubs (5x114.3, 60.1 hub) (96-00) have the same spline and diameter as 5th gen Celicas

-Rav4's use smaller diameter lug studs (not super important unless you're using long studs)

-Camry(92-06) rear hubs (5x114.3, 60.1 hub) that unbolt bolt directly to fwd 90-93 (possibly 6th gen cars too) Celica rear spindles.

-all 90-93 Celicas use the same spindle, including alltracs. Each uses some different bits attached to them(4 lug hub on ST's, smaller rotors and caliper brackets on 90-91 non-GTS/alltrac Celicas, etc)

-Camry(92-06) rear discs (5x114.3) fit perfectly in place of stock Celica rear discs and the ebrake is retained.

-Camry (92-06) v6 front discs are very similar to Celica ones using the same hub diameter (I haven't tried this yet, waiting in a drill bit to allow me to press the studs and press the bearings and hubs and bolt it together)

Hopefully this is useful.

Cuttyman9

Nope, 1992 I believe they switched to 5x114.3, I looked up the rotors and they are the same for all that had rear discs as well as v6 fronts are all the same and Inline 4 fronts are all the same.
Crazy how little they changed.

Only major difference between the camry rotor and the Celica rotor is the thickness (rear)
The front is similar on 92-93 Celicas to camry v6's, the thickness is slightly different.

I was in the junkyard playing with parts off a few different cars comparing Camry and Celica stuff.
Oh and the hubs are different appearance wise but the bolt pattern is identical.

phattyduck

Cuttyman9":6od7pan9 said:
Nope, 1992 I believe they switched to 5x114.3
I can confirm that. The Camry was 5x100 through '91 and is 5x114.3 from '92 on. Keep in mind that rear 5x114.3 parts from a Camry will only work on a FWD Celica. Front hubs form the '92+ Camry will be the wrong size (increased axle spline size).

-Charlie