Switch to full style
All of the information you need in one place.
Post a reply

Wed May 04, 2005 12:02 am

so here is the real question.... How is it!? have you had a chance to drive yet?
Members don't see the above ad. Register now

Wed May 04, 2005 12:47 am

rightrac wrote:so here is the real question.... How is it!? have you had a chance to drive yet?

I would also like to know. Undubidubly.

Sat May 14, 2005 8:01 am

Any updates?

Mon May 16, 2005 12:12 pm

I have not had a chance to drive it yet...i'm waiting for the stainless lines from the group buy, and the motor is still out of the car.
i'll post the pics tonight.

Mon May 16, 2005 11:14 pm

Ok...here are the pics:
BEFORE removing ABS

AFTER ABS removal

you can see all the pics at
http://angrycamel.com/gallery/Project-Alltrac?page=1

Tue May 17, 2005 12:43 am

looks Tiiite , what did you respray the bay with?

Tue May 17, 2005 12:35 pm

Paint :wink:

Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:35 pm

This is a helpful subject, thanks for the info. I am going through with the swap, I ordered the lines through Toyota and was assembling last night and reliased I probablly need a different proportining valve.

One subject is in certain areas a salvage yard can't sell brake parts due to liabilty issues.

Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:02 pm

2of81 wrote:This is a helpful subject, thanks for the info. I am going through with the swap, I ordered the lines through Toyota and was assembling last night and reliased I probablly need a different proportining valve.

One subject is in certain areas a salvage yard can't sell brake parts due to liabilty issues.

you definitely need a new proportioning valve.....
I have driven the car, and can say it stops very well. with stock pads it feels comparable to my 165 with the porterfield R4S pads...

Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:38 am

silence wrote:you definitely need a new proportioning valve.....

Got it, and all the brackets and clamps I could find, the ST at the salvage yard had the front completely cut off which made it so easy to grab. Overall I spent $20 on the valve and the T and all the lines but two, good deal considering the valve at toyota is $200 and the T is $20 and I got 90% of it for that.

Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:56 pm

either of you guys have a pic of the proportioning valve? i grabbed on off a camry and wanna compare

Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:49 pm

rightrac wrote:either of you guys have a pic of the proportioning valve? i grabbed on off a camry and wanna compare

here is a closeup:

Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:58 am

hi.can this be done with the engine still in the car.as my abs is playing up :doh: .so i might aswell bin it

Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:20 pm

hmmm... wonder if I'm good enough to do that with a flaring tool.

Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:24 pm

should be a piece of cake given you have the right line and fittings. Reason i went with oem lines is i want it to look oem.
Post a reply