First Techna-Fit Brake Lines modded to work!

All of the information you need in one place.

First Techna-Fit Brake Lines modded to work!

Postby CodingParadox » Sat May 28, 2005 10:27 pm

Yesterday I was on a mission to get the first batch (with the 11/16" brackets) to work on my car. A few hours later, all worked fine. The process is pretty simple.

You need to remove your old brake line, then off the brake line, you need the little c-rings. You'll need to pry em off with a screwdriver or similar. You'll also need the two slide compressor fitting things (same things that hold the sheath of the shifter cables to the transmission.)

So now your old brake line is removed. Now, fire up your handy bench grinder/dremel (I used a bench grinder, which made it nice and easy) and get ready to have some fun. Don protective eyewear.

For each of the two eyeball-shaped brackets, on one of the flat sides and one of the curved sides, remove about half a mm of metal. Try to keep to the original shape of the bracket as much as possible, but still remove half a mm or so.

Bring it over to the car, see if you can slide the eyeball bracket through the hole. If so, you've scraped enough off, and you can attach the c-ring and hook it all up. Keep in mind that you have to make sure both the middle sliding bracket and the top end bracket both fit through their holes. Both of them are too big the way they came from the shop.

In any event, all 4 lines are on my car, and they all seem to work fine. Just takes a few hours with a bench grinder. :)
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
David - Former owner of multiple Alltracs. Have moved on to yellower fields...
CodingParadox
Established Member

Postby BraveUlysses » Tue May 31, 2005 7:30 pm

Thanks for posting this. It should be moved to the FAQ section so it won't get deleted.
BraveUlysses
Established Member

Postby turbo4wd » Tue May 31, 2005 8:12 pm

BraveUlysses wrote:Thanks for posting this. It should be moved to the FAQ section so it won't get deleted.

good idea.. moved! :D
Dan
Undercover Moderator
turbo4wd
Established Member

Return to FAQ / Archive