what connector is this? found unconnected behind center pann

superboonan

I was taking apart the center panel on my st185 when i found a unconnected conncetor, does any one have a clue what it does and how i haven't noticed it earlier

Attachments

• P1090209.jpg
    P1090209.jpg
    743.1 KB · Views: 2,211
  • P1090210_LI.jpg
    P1090210_LI.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 2,211

Magroo

I think it's for the airbag computer? I remember having to move it out of the way when I changed my shifter assembly.

superboonan

yyonline":12umq2a1 said:
Cruise control ECU. Connector and wire colors match the wire diagram.
I I don't have cruise control nor do I have an airbag, can it still be that even though it never was fitted with those

superboonan":1bxrs9cr said:
yyonline":1bxrs9cr said:
I I don't have cruise control nor do I have an airbag, can it still be that even though it never was fitted with those
Do you have a USDM ST185? If so, they all originally came with cruise control and air bags, best to my recollection. Your VIN would tell you what region the ST185 was originally built for.

superboonan

93celicaconv":2eglkgi3 said:
superboonan":2eglkgi3 said:
yyonline":2eglkgi3 said:
Do you have a USDM ST185? If so, they all originally came with cruise control and air bags, best to my recollection. Your VIN would tell you what region the ST185 was originally built for.
It was sold as new in sweden 1991

OK, that explains it. My 1990 & 1991 Celica ST's (AT180) did not come with cruise control, but when I pulled the cruise control system out of a salvage car, that same cruise ECU connector was in both of my ST's, so I suspect the Toyota wiring harness was the same regardless if the vehicle came with cruise or not. The connector for the cruise actuator was there also, so electrically, it was no issue installing this system. I suspect your ST185, if it did not come equipped with cruise control, has the wiring for it there anyway.