fog lights don't turn on, high beams wonky

EvilStig

FC Zach":lvbt67b5 said:
EvilStig":lvbt67b5 said:
Speaking of, I can't for the life of me seem to figure out how the headlight wiring works. The three contacts appear instead of being ground, low, and high like you would expect,t o be some weird varying combination of voltages that are different for each side. I'm not even sure where to hook up the resistors. Does someone have a pinout or wiring diagram I can refer to?

This what you're looking for? Add resistor/bulb to low.

That is DEFINITELY not how mine is wired... :shrug:

the driver and passenger side ones are mirrored.

With the lights off, the top one is ground on the passenger side, none are ground on driver, or ground is open.
on low: passenger top reads 0.3v, driver top 0v | passenger left 7v, driver left 12v | passenger right 12v, driver right 7v.
on high: passenger top reads 6v, driver top 6v | passenger left 0.6v, driver left 12v | passenger right 12v, driver right 0.6v

Just to reiterate, both the low and high beams are functional and perform exactly as expected. :crazy:

EvilStig

FC Zach":2e3elq9n said:
EvilStig":2e3elq9n said:
although I hooked it up like that and it doesn't work :doh:

Using the write-up?

The one you posted, yes. I removed the red/white trigger wire from the relay, patched in a new wire and spliced it into the white/green wire on the upper right side of the blue connector above. Since doing this, pressing the fog light button no longer turns on the high beams... but it also doesn't turn on the fog lights.

EvilStig

As of last night it's mysteriously working. :shrug:

And for the resistors I just made some best guesses and trial and error with test leads until I found a configuration that made the high beam indicator light turn on.

So this problem is basically solved. I just have to come up with a permanent wiring solution, and reinstall the rest of the dash.

the resistors seem to get to about 170-180F, which is hot, but not too bad.