Speakers/Head Unit that fit in a 10 speaker 1990 ALltrac?

XoDuzZ

Question pretty much in the subject - Anyone know some decent speakers (the front 2 seem to rattle, i might just need to tighten em) that would fit in?

Also - the cd player being 14 years old has pretty aweful quality and can't read burned CD's. Really, really obnoxious.

-Thanks
James

BraveUlysses

The stock System 10 speaker system is a very good stock system. Even for being ~15 years old, it is really top notch.

Disliking it for not reading burned cds is a somewhat valid reason; however, nobody had cd burners 15 years ago, so its not really fair to expect it to read them very well.

XoDuzZ

no, i really love the sound system and everything, and the head unit, but it is hard not being able to listen to burned cd's. I'm impressed the car came out in 1990 and has ABS brakes and an Airbag.

XoDuzZ

btw i wasn't dissing on the sound system - it just can't read a CD if it's life depended on it. Really fuzzy, hops if i hit a pebble in the road...

the radio tho is awesome. It's got alot of boom boom :) but if i put a newer deck in there hopefully should solve problems.

-James

A

Anonymous

bump. I'd like to know the answer. I was told there are two 6.5" component sets and an 8" "Subwoofer" set??

Is this correct? I'm ordering aftermarket speakers soon, I just want to know the sizes...

OlyST185

i know not much car 15years ago had that much speaker and a cd reader but anyway that cd is old and suck some goat nuts. the audio signal going from thr headunits to the amp are even not shielded, i got all that shit out and custom installed my pioneer mp3 cd reader, and got shielded wire to my 200watts amp. im suprised how the speakers resisted to the amp. btw they failed... i changed them with infinity components (best speakers) and its simply not comparable

btw its 5''1/4 on the rear, 8inch in the door, the twiters are 3/4'' i think and the fromnt 4''1/2 or something like that