HELP!!! system 10 speakers

thebish5thgen

so here I am....noobin it up. I know nothing about speakers. but I need a full set of speakers/subs(or midbass) for my car.

can anyone help me? I'm trying to buy everything from bestbuy cuz my friend gets a killer discount. but I don't know anything about sizes...../exactly what I'm looking for.

pls help a noob in need. :-D

SuperWhite92

4" front dash speakers
8" front cone woofers
6.5" rear Full-range speakers

and I believe they're 1" tweeters the whole way round, but I may be wrong on that one.

thebish5thgen

alright so I'm thinkin about these.....anyone know if these would fit?

for the 6.5 rear http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp ... 0392384625
or http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp ... 0392384331

4" front http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp ... 0392384797

8" woofer
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp ... 7627848835

.....and I don't fully understand the 1"tweeter all around.....do the tweeters fit inside the other speakers? I'm just slightly confused cuz I only see 6 speaker slots.....yet it says 10 so I assume thats what it must mean?

any recomendations on 1" tweeters?

RedCelicaTRD

The tweeters are above the rear struts and by the front mirrors. Get a component set that comes with the tweeters (like a 6.5" component set would come with a crossover, a 6.5" midbass and a 1" tweeter). A 4" component is going to be hard to find though....

2RM

The 8" sub you want wont fit I tried the same one To fit it not only you have to modify the the speaker box that is insede the door but also the door frame itself Another words the mounting depth is to big I think we need like 2.5-3" depth anything bigger wont fit

Denver_whiteST185

8" woofers won’t work because you have to seal them and doors aren't sealed. You’ll need an 8" mid-bass or an open-aired subwoofer. As far as I know, there aren’t any 8" open air woofers. The easiest to find 8" mid-woofers are the Kicker SS ones. Those will fit.

You should be able to use any 6 3/4 or 6 1/2 inch speakers you want in the back and any 4" speaker in the dash, but if you want to make it work like the stock system, you'll have to get component speakers, where the tweeter is separated from the woofer, not coaxial speakers like the ones in the links. If you get a set of 4" and 6 1/2" component speakers, they'll come with the tweeters you'll need.

You should probably just get new front and rear coaxial speakers if you want an easy solution (that’s what I did, I got 6 3/4 alpine type r's in the back and 4" alpine type s in the front, and you get so say you have 8 tweeters 8) ). If you want to make it sound really good and you have the money to do so, take it to a place like car toys and have them install a set of component front and rear speakers cause they'll have to make custom mounts for the new tweeters that come in the kit. Also have them install some of the kicker 8" mid-woofers, run new larger gauge wires, and have them hook every thing up to an amp that will give each speaker set 50-100 continuous watts.

Edit: fixed so its easier to read

Denver_whiteST185

your welcome.

also, i saw you were looking at infinity speakers. they're good, but overpriced. they have really good highs and mids, but lack lows. My alpines are fantastic and considerable cheaper.

toayoztan

I know it's already been said, but that woofer is way too thick. When you browse around more at other woofers, for one, you should be getting a mid-woofer. Two, when you do browse around, look at the mounting depth/product mounting depth. The one you gave us had a mounting depth of approx 9". If you think about it, our door is no where 9" thick. Like stated, the mounting depth should be kept withing around 3" or so.

Bryan

toayoztan

Oh, and I don't know what kind of discount you get with your friend, but you should check out www.ikesound.com

They have good prices on a lot of stuff. For example, the infinity reference you want is only 64 bucks. If it's not cheaper than your friend's discount, just realize you have more variety at that site with still good costs.

Bryan

Traks

Correct me if I am wrong, but dont 4" speakers come in front but can't it handleup to 5 1/4" ??? I could be mistaken I am remember from long ago when I researched it.

EVcelica

The fronts are made for 4" speakers and trying to fit anything else in there is a pain. I put some 4.75 inch speakers in there and I got to know my rotozip very well. you may be able to do 5.25 but it would require a lot of work and I don't know how secure they would be, I wouldn't recommend it. just my opinion though.

WarTowels

Thread revival- What size are the speakers on the rear struts?

Just 1"?

As a sub note, will 1.5" tweeters work up front / in the rear?
And would a 6" rounder speaker fit in the 6.5" stock location?

-Towels

athousandleaves

What the heck is that green stuff?

I know the question is old but; the green thing is a capacitor
They soldered them to the speaker chassis and positive terminal of the speaker to stop them from popping when you turn the stereo on/off.
If you wanted to keep that in place I'd recommend buying a new cap with the same uF & V ratings as the old one looks like its leaking!

athousandleaves

WarTowels":2o0q0nnf said:
Thread revival- What size are the speakers on the rear struts?

Just 1"?

As a sub note, will 1.5" tweeters work up front / in the rear?
And would a 6" rounder speaker fit in the 6.5" stock location?

-Towels

The tweets on the rear struts are 2" across.
The front ones are about an inch I think.