st185 jdm folding mirrors

903SGTE

has anyone installed these and if so is it easy to wire in and install?whats intailed,also are the mirror glass diffrent on either side.i have a car that is left hand drive,is the right side mirror glass diffent in the way it reflrcts the image?

Gary

If you are getting mirrors from RHD car and put on LHD car, I'm pretty sure viewing angle will not be the same. Imagine you are sitting on the passenger side (pretend to be the driver) and try to adjust the mirrors to accommodate you.

furpo

it seams to me that the glass in the mirror is flat. my car is rhd so the left hand mirror is mounted to the car at a greater angle to the right hand one. this looks like it is acheived by having a different base.

the two options that are obvious to me are to either modify the bases of the mirrors or modify them by having the folding bit at a different angle.

hope this helps

roger

Practical

I just looked at my car this morning from above after having mounted my euro mirrors last night. The base does present the mirror at a different angle on each side to accomodate for the driver's position in the left side of the car. I would imagine that jdm mirrors are oppositely angled.