st185 euro mirrors wiring to US car

For everything related to the inside of the car!!

st185 euro mirrors wiring to US car

Postby Sonny » Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:53 pm

I just got a pair of mirrors from a 1991 ST185 (Carlos Sainz edition, I believe) that had been running in Switzerland. Trying to mount them on my 1990 US ST185 presented me with this problem:

The euro mirrors have a mini harness connector with 5 wires. My US car has a mini harness with 3 wires. The colors on the euro mirror wires are:
yellow, brown, red, black, yellow

The colors on the US mirrors/car harness are yellow, pink, and black, I believe (I had to put the cover back on because it was getting dark, and I only checked on the driver side).

Are the additional wires for heating or what?

My intention is to make sure I can adjust them from inside the car. I am willing to give up the (assumed) heating option, which my car is obviously not wired for.

PS. The mirrors look awesome. Both are convex. None of them carry the warning "Objects in mirror are closer..."
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
Sonny

Pls disregard this thread go to the one posted 5 min later

Postby Practical » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:08 pm

Go to the other thread with the same title. This was posted as me, forced to use a "guest" identitiy because there were problems with my registration. I am Practical from the old board.
Practical
Practical
Club Member

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:24 pm

what do you mean by convex, do they look normal or like a p/s mirror on a u.s car?also are those mirrors the same as the jdm ones.and what would happen if you had to replace just the glass,could you get that glass from a dealer in the u.s?im in the u.s so i want to know how they would be on my car.

Return to Audio / Wiring / Interior