recommendations on headlight conversions

moee24

I don’t know about u guys but I think that the headlights on my st165 don’t perform good enough. I was wondering if anyone has replaced their OEM sealed beams with the HID looking conversion units and what kind is recommended. I saw some on ebay but I don’t know if their quality will be up to par. thanks for any input.

Qlynxer

I got a pair of H-4 conversions from some cheap online place a few years back. I totally regret it! They dont reflect the light properly. I even stuck expensive sylvania bulbs in there but the pattern still sucks. If your want to do a h-4 conversion, i would reccomend you buy from a reputable source like hella or bosche. They might cost more but their definitly worth it.
Quan L

Toyota_Todd

I have Hella E code (euro spec, NOT DOT) H4 conversion capsules and PIAA Extreme White bulbs. They are very good and are much better than the diamond back pieces of crap you see on Ebay. :pissed: I tried both styles and the Hellas are far superior. For the budget daily driver, I picked up a set of JDM headlight assemblies which had the Koito H4 capsules from the factory. They are close to the Hellas, and were a lot cheaper. If you see a set on Ebay that are from Japan, they are most likely the H4 capsules. Good Luck and don't go too cheap on the bulbs...you get what you pay for. :wink:

CMS-GT4

It may be cheaper to invest into a HID fog light. As far at the HID that fits our housing, it runs about 350-400usd. I don't know anyone who has done the mod, if I was to keep the gt4 as my daily driver I would have done the mod myself.

dlek00

i bought a generic H4 conversion kit and soon after water was building up inside the headlamp. so i decided to sack up and ordered some Raybrig's, they are simply awesome. cost me $200 for the pair, but well worth it.

A

Anonymous

thanks for the input guys. for the time being i am running sylvania's silver stars not to shabby for $15 a piece. alot clearer and brighter then the stock headlamps. in the future once i begin to get into cosmetics i will probably go with the hella's. thanks again

MrWOT

Toyota_Todd":2gom8hjj said:
I have Hella E code (euro spec, NOT DOT) H4 conversion capsules and PIAA Extreme White bulbs. They are very good and are much better than the diamond back pieces of crap you see on Ebay. :pissed: I tried both styles and the Hellas are far superior. For the budget daily driver, I picked up a set of JDM headlight assemblies which had the Koito H4 capsules from the factory. They are close to the Hellas, and were a lot cheaper. If you see a set on Ebay that are from Japan, they are most likely the H4 capsules. Good Luck and don't go too cheap on the bulbs...you get what you pay for. :wink:

Yeah, those are hella bright! :D

Sorry... had to do it... :smokes: