7th gen shifter in All-Trac

Smaay

i see alot of guys putting in a 7th gen shifter in their 5th gen celicas...well i tried to install my GT-S shifter, and the bottom cable bottoms out in the housing area....the 7th gen rod is too long after the ball....are the All-Trac's different than the regular 5th gen celicas?...has anyone tried this?

Gary

Put spacers (washers) there or use the dreamel to cut the floor out. :)
Seriously, I used 4 spacers to lift the shifter assembly up so it won't bottom out. Don't lift it too much, you will put stress on the shifter linkage.
How is your Turbo GT-S project going?
Will it hit 11's soon?

Smaay

where did you put teh spacers? there isnt enough stud for the nuts if i put washers on the housing...pics would be great...

Gary

On my old car, I put 3 washers there and still have enough thread left to bolt the nut on.

tweekgt4

just add some plain steel washers between the base plate and shifter assembly. i used 4 washers on each stud (x4).

by the way, the 7th gen shifter is too straight from what i heard. you'll need to heat up the rod and bend it back, angling it toward you. if not, you'll be punching the stereo all the time.

i have a 6th gen one (i think mine was RHD) and i bent it here and there. i like it a lot especially since it was only $20 bux for the rod and a dollar something for the washers.